PDA

View Full Version : Where the Cutts at Pyramid arent

Pyramid_Kid
10-06-2008, 02:43 PM
I can tell you where they arent at. *I went out today from 930 to 200.*I put in at Pelican and started trolling. I worked my way up to the point just before Warriors and back. *I ran into Went Fishin (nice boat Jim) *they only had one or two to the boat when I saw them. *I graphed lots of fish in different place's from Pelican to Warriors. *They were everywhere from 10ft to 80ft depending on the depth of the water. *

I tried some of everything in my box to include all the known good colors for fall time fishing, from Lymans to Apex & Sting Kings, to flat fish. *I cant tell you how fast I was running them as I dont use a set speed for specific lures any more. *I do a visual check on them before I pay out my line to see if they are running the way I want them too.

It was a little discouraging but I still had fun. *The algea bloom is still in full effect *and is particularly thick in the bays and coves that are well protected. *I dont think this had much to do with the poor fishing but hopefully it will dissapate by this comming weekend. *

tortuga
10-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks for keeping us informed. Guess thats why its not called catching, huh? We have put in an order with the Cuts....they're not gonna hit anymore until the fest. LOL
See you there
Tortuga

Majakat
10-06-2008, 03:28 PM
We found the same thing yesterday, even marking fish they were not hitting from pelican to warrior - however we got one and a LDR below pelican a bit -

Much better bite on the other side- lucky you fishing today!

Pyramid_Kid
10-06-2008, 03:52 PM
lucky you fishing today!

Yeah well................... I work Tues-Fri so I take care of honey do's Saturday and Sunday, and fish on Monday's. 4 10's is probably the best shift Ive ever worked.

froggie
10-06-2008, 04:08 PM
That's a great schedule. Wish we had 4 day work weeks, but i guess i can't complain since we do get summers off. I'm reely gettin' anxious for this weekend up at Pyramid. Can't wait to see the people we met at Melones this summer & to meet some new ones.
Froggie [smiley=cheerleader.gif]

mrsockeye
10-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Sorry to hear that, I think the key right now is, 90% of the fish are in 10% of the water. If you find a spot that has biters, it will hold lots of biters. I talked to the ranger on Sunday, and he confirmed your report. Most people are getting from 0-5 fish. He had heard of me, and said, "So your the guy, I've heard of you." Kind of flattering. Good luck, I will be there Friday, and possibly Sunday, Saturday is the start of water fowl season.

hooks
10-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Sorry to hear that, I think the key right now is, 90% of the fish are in 10% of the water. *If you find a spot that has biters, it will hold lots of biters. *I talked to the ranger on Sunday, and he confirmed your report. *Most people are getting from 0-5 fish. *He had heard of me, and said, "So your the guy, I've heard of you." *Kind of flattering. *Good luck, I will be there Friday, and possibly Sunday, Saturday is the start of water fowl season.

8-)

fishdude76
10-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Ditto on the report. My buddy and I hit hit just below Spider in our pontoons and we saw three fish caught all day. Granted one of those was a nice 26.

I threw the kitchen sink including any lure I've previously caught fish with there before.

Actually I saw a fourth fish...it swam up between my legs on my pontoon and chomped at a bubble on the surface then swam back down. >:( It was a long day and maybe it was just my mind playing tricks on me?

BigB
10-06-2008, 05:11 PM
PK,

I can also say that they are not on the east side. Okay, there was one. The only fish that we caught was around Red Bay. It was caught on a watermelon Apex.

I tried spoons, Apexs and some Lymans, with no luck. We even started by going over to the Pyramid and tried so jigging. We just did not mark many fish.

Brian