PDA

View Full Version : WHO'S FISHING PYRAMID THIS WEEKEND

CHICKFISHING58
10-03-2008, 01:43 PM
I'll be out there if I can't fish from my boat I'll have my waders anyone else????

CHICKFISHING58
10-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Looks like I will have an open seat Art backed out the little woosie >:(

okie
10-03-2008, 02:54 PM
beth, will you be out sunday? if so and the seat is still open i just mite be able to make it.
bill

okie
10-03-2008, 02:59 PM
beth, just checked the weather, due to predictions, i dont think i want to go, tks anyway.

Majakat
10-03-2008, 03:06 PM
We will probably try it on Sunday, forcast doesnt look to bad!

Mackattack
10-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Dont go Saturday 2 to FOUR ft. waves.(yowsa them be big) Someone has to go to the store and get a bigger boat ?

Mackattack

fish_junky
10-03-2008, 05:02 PM
Dang I wish I lived closer. I'd go again. ;)

untalan1
10-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Hello Beth wish I could take you up on the ride but the weather doesn't look good for sat just like okie says.I'll be up in Gardnerville on mon. on the long weekend and wish I could make the fest.Good luck and tight lines.Efren

mrsockeye
10-03-2008, 07:49 PM
I will likely be there on Sunday if the weather permits, and I can get a passenger myself. I was going striper fishing, but the wind and rain made me stay on this side of the hill. What a wimpy fair weather fisherman, huh? Truckee River tomorrow night, rain, shine, snow, wind, whatever.

Mackattack
10-03-2008, 10:46 PM
I will likely be there on Sunday if the weather permits, and I can get a passenger myself. *I was going striper fishing, but the wind and rain made me stay on this side of the hill. *What a wimpy fair weather fisherman, huh? *Truckee River tomorrow night, rain, shine, snow, wind, whatever. *

Stripers ! from where do you go for these awsome fighters. I fish for them in the delta near home(Martinez,Mothball Flt.,Pitts.,Antioch,and else where ? (sorry no highjack intended)

Mackattack

johnbfishin
10-04-2008, 05:34 AM
I will likely be there on Sunday if the weather permits, and I can get a passenger myself. *I was going striper fishing, but the wind and rain made me stay on this side of the hill. *What a wimpy fair weather fisherman, huh? *Truckee River tomorrow night, rain, shine, snow, wind, whatever. *

Naw, I think as we get older we learn to pick our days better and considering the cost of a long haul these days why fight it?
Some waters and species fish better with inclement weather so that comes into play now and then.

troutfan
10-04-2008, 05:38 AM

Naw, I think as we get older we learn to pick our days better and considering the cost of a long haul these days why fight it?
Some waters and species fish better with inclement weather so that comes into play now and then.
Yeah trying to fish at Pyramid when the wind is up is no fun and it's downright stupid because it's dangerous. I've seen too many sad stories out there in the last twenty-five years. There will always be another day. ;)

stonesfan
10-04-2008, 06:05 AM
AMEN, BROTHER................

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif]

GCinGV
10-04-2008, 06:27 AM
[/quote]

Some waters and species fish better with inclement weather so that comes into play now and then.[/quote]
Yeah trying to fish at Pyramid when the wind is up is no fun and it's downright stupid because it's dangerous. *I've seen too many sad stories out there in the last twenty-five years. *There will always be another day. ;)
[/quote]
Amen.
Iíve fish the ocean and Bay a lot and to me Pyramid when itís windy can be one of the scariest bodies of water anywhere. A ride on the ďwhite knuckle expressĒ isnít fun and that lake could sink just about anything you could launch if it gets bad.
If in doubt donít go out.
GC

BigB
10-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Beth,

I will not be out there unitl Monday.

Brian

Majakat
10-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Someone was out there today, as we were coming home we saw a big boat with downriggers coming from there, passing us at eagle canyon - we are gonna try it tomorrow-

Mr_Ed
10-05-2008, 06:39 AM
Sunday morning in Reno, a warm 37 degrees at 7 am !!

Hope you all brought a lot of warm clothes.

Have a nice day on the water.

tortuga
10-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Heck, I've been chased of the water at New Melones, by the wind. I'm sure gonna be careful when we get on a lake the size of Pyramid. At least NM has a few trees to slow the wind down a little.
Tortuga

johnbfishin
10-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Heck, I've been chased of the water at New Melones, by the wind. *I'm sure gonna be careful when we get on a lake the size of Pyramid. *At least NM has a few trees to slow the wind down a little.
Tortuga

With so many sniffers on the water you'll be fine Ben. You'll know what's going on wind-wise at all times, just make sure your radio is in good working order. The radio is probably the most important tool for first timers fishing Pyramid, it'll surely help to get you on fish as well.