PDA

View Full Version : Fun Friday @ Pyramid

Big Ken
10-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Fished Pyramid for the 1st time friday with GVF & Dennis. All the way up there they kept telling me stories about how bad Pyramid can get. We get to the 1st store & they asked if we look @ the lake yet? There was a wind advisory for 11:00 am & its 815 at this point & im thinkng GREAT I drove 3 hrs(each way) to fish for 2 that sucks. Well we look @ the lake & wasnt bad so off to Crosbys. We were in the water by 9 & fishing by 930. That is a BIG lake. It looks a little deceiving but it ia aways across that thing. We started south of Hells Kitchen (anderson bay?) & picked up a 3.6 23"er. That was caught on a Tequelia Sunrise Pyramid Draggin at 50 ft OTW
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo311/fishnphool/IMG_0640_edited.jpg
Rich did try to russle up a salad for lunch be Dennis & I wasnt interested
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo311/fishnphool/IMG_0643-1.jpg
We ended up landing only 1 more for the day a 17 1/4 incher. But it was a good day with good company,good drink & good food. Thanks for the lunch Rich.

We were off the water by 230. when we got about 2/3 of the way back to the ramp I did get a little taste of what the wind can be like up there but the whole time we fished the wind was calm.

Majakat
10-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Pretty 23"er! don't you hate it when you catch one just under the allowed limit that is so pretty!!

I wish we were going today, but it is WINDY up here, hopefully tomorrow will be better -

mrsockeye
10-04-2008, 09:50 AM
I hope you enjoyed Pyramid on your fisrst time out. Nice pictures and story. Be cautious of the wind out there. The lake can turn deadly.

Topaz_Tom
10-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Way to go guys!! Glad you could get on the water Friday. That wind didn't pick up till late afternoon. It's looking like good weather for the fest so far, keep your fingers crossed.

Mackattack
10-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Thats a pretty fish, I hope it grows an inch by next week [smiley=appledancing.gif]

Mackattack

Kneedeep
10-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Ken I think you've changed your screen name a bit. It's been a while. Once you've been to Pyramid your pretty much spoiled on trout fishing anywhere else. You chose two of the most knowledgeable and likable fishing buddies to fish with. Hope the wind gives you a break and then the fishing will kick into gear like you won't believe. ;)

Garden_Valley_Fish
10-05-2008, 06:31 AM
Great times as always Ken I had a good time Thanks for the ride in that sweet boat.We got real lucky with the wind it wasnt a factor at all. I hope the duck f#@ts didnt put Dennis away. I feel as though there should be an extra day in the week after I fish with you [smiley=cheers.gif] [smiley=party.gif] [smiley=outcold.gif] ;D ;D
Cant wait to do it again!!