PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle Trout Plants

dolfan
09-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Looks like they started planting trout at DV again. Anybody been out there lately?

Badfish

tragedyspring
09-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Not yet, The boat is ready to go. I havent been there since last march. Anyone been through the mussell inspection process that wants to give me some tips to pass? There are some monster trout at Del Valle, I cant wait :D

Mackattack
09-25-2008, 09:00 PM
I was at one in Tahoe and the best thing I think you can do is make sure you have no water in the bilge area and wipe all excess water from any area of the boat or trailer. Granted this was two yrs ago and they have probably improved there insp. procese but good luck ?

Mackattack

tragedyspring
09-25-2008, 09:25 PM
gracias senor, If I dont make it,- its only a half hour drive back home to bed. ;)

dolfan
09-26-2008, 03:43 AM
The one thing that caught me by surprise there, is that they had me lower my motor to make sure there was no water in there. I didn't have to do that at Camanche or Pardee.

Badfish

pulper80
09-26-2008, 07:26 AM
Don't even try if your boat is registered in Santa Clara county. They passed a blanket ruling that no matter what, if your boat is from Santa Clara county, you can't get into Del Valle. Now, after finally getting a tiny boat of my own, I can't even launch it in the best trout fishery around here. Blech >:(

Looks like it's another season of using their crap rentals for me.

Woody
09-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Chad

Just make sure it is dry and be sure to lower your motor and drain any water out a day or 2 before. After you get inspected be sure to get your boat banded before you leave then it is simple the next time.

I will be up there this afternoon

Woody

tragedyspring
09-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Cool thanks Woody. I probably wont get a chance to go until the water temp cools off a bit more. ;) I m thinking a few weeks?

Hiking-Jay
09-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Looking at the weather forecasts and the long range weather patterns it looks like we might start seeing some cooler temps and possible rain in the near future. a couple nice cool rain showers would get those water temps right where we want them.

You'll see me out there in my orange kayak again this year once those water temps drop :D

padrino
09-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Don't even try if your boat is registered in Santa Clara county. *They passed a blanket ruling that no matter what, if your boat is from Santa Clara county, you can't get into Del Valle. *Now, after finally getting a tiny boat of my own, I can't even launch it in the best trout fishery around here. *Blech * *>:(

del valle does allow boats from santa clara county. cammanche and pardee do not (also san pablo i think)

kevin 'P'

pulper80
09-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Don't even try if your boat is registered in Santa Clara county. *They passed a blanket ruling that no matter what, if your boat is from Santa Clara county, you can't get into Del Valle. *Now, after finally getting a tiny boat of my own, I can't even launch it in the best trout fishery around here. *Blech * *>:(

del valle does allow boats from santa clara county. *cammanche and pardee do not (also san pablo i think)

kevin 'P'

I hope that you are right, that would be great, I am going by info on this thread:

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1221532873/13#13

Pyramid Kid - The stricter rules are coming from the Bay area EBMUD Lakes, Camanche, Pardee, Del Valle and San Pablo.

Vessels will fail the Quagga/Zebra Mussel inspection and not be allowed to launch for the following reasons:

Standing water is found in live wells, bait wells, bilge areas, or any other portions of a vessel.
Water drains out of an engine when outboard motor or out-drive is lowered into the vertical position.
Vessel has been used in any body of water in Santa Clara or San Benito County, Southern California or outside of California within the last 30 days.
Vessel is from Santa Clara or San Benito County, Southern California or outside of California.
Vessel is found to have mussels attached.
Boat operator fails to comply with any aspect of the inspection process.

Can we get some more input one way or the other?

dolfan
09-26-2008, 05:02 PM
I don't think Del Valle is a EBMUD lake, so there is probably different rules.

Badfish

pulper80
09-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Hahahah, I just called the tackle shop at Del Valle and he said "I don't know."

::)

Blktailhunter
09-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Santa Clare County boats are allowed at Del Valle. Being a resident from that county, I know from 1st hand experience.

ken_fishnfool
09-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Santa Clara County boats are allowed. That was a misprint.
You have to make sure the boat, and trailer, Are CLEAN (no mud,dirt, or moss) and DRY (inside and out). They do make you lower the motor so make sure you have blown it out dry.

dinos marine
09-28-2008, 03:43 PM
so do they have sniffing dogs? when we were at caples for the first rescue, they had a black lab sniffing for snails.

Sprudel
10-02-2008, 06:11 AM
At Loch Lomond I've also had to take a bilge pump off the boat believe it or not, and take off the trolling prop to show them the cavity.

If the boat is wet or has any standing water anywhere in it, it wouldn't pass inspection. That means don't wash it out before driving out, and don't even bother coming on a rainy day, which is lame.

The big question is will the banding process mentioned for Del Valle let you come back on even a rainy day and instantly pass inspection?

Those are some of the best days out there. 8-)

Woody
10-02-2008, 07:15 AM
Sprudel

The band allows you to basicly bypass the inspection. All they do is write down the CF# and cut the band off for you.

Rain or shine dry boat or wet it doesn't matter if you have the band.

Woody