PDA

View Full Version : S. Yuba (Town of Washington)

King-J
09-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Got up this morning had some paperwork & Payroll to do for my business, just couldn't get into it so I mentioned to the Wife lets take a drive, being I live in Grass Valley I decided to head up to the little town of Washington out of Nevada City, took the pole just in case got to the day use area and thought I would through a Panther Martin, no luck in the big holes were everyone seems to party now-a-days, hiked up a little ways and presto a nice 10" native Rainbow, in one hour I managed to land Four Rainbows 8" to 12" then the crowed should to party, told the wife lets head home to start the BQ, Not fish but Stakes I practice CPR 99.9% of the time :)
Sorry no Pics this time left the Camera in the truck :(

RIVER_RAT
09-29-2008, 11:15 AM
King J, That's my old stomping grounds, I was born and raised there, fished the Yuba and creeks around there from the time I was 6 years old until I was to old to jump rocks. Try Poorman or Canyon Creek next time your there, tuff fishing but great country.

fishguts
09-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I've driven through that little town a few times, quite interesting collection of folks there.

JimBow
09-29-2008, 09:02 PM
When I was a little tike, in the 1970's some relatives took me camping near there. During the day, there was swimming and rafting going on, but one evening we walked to the shoreline when all the folks were out of the water, and I could see trout every where, big, small all over were trout. Unfortunately, back then, I had no pole, but it got me interested! I still remember thinking, I wish we had fishing poles! (throwing rocks did no good).

Kneedeep
09-29-2008, 09:49 PM
When I was a little tike, in the 1970's some relatives took me camping near there. During the day, there was swimming and rafting going on, but one evening we walked to the shoreline when all the folks were out of the water, and I could see trout every where, big, small all over were trout. Unfortunately, back then, I had no pole, but it got me interested! I still remember thinking, I wish we had fishing poles! (throwing rocks did no good).
Yep 70's if I remember correctly, that was just after the 60's :-/ Washington was a hot spot for hippies, no doubt that you saw lots of trout when the folks were out of the water. The beavers were chasing them! ;) I had a buddy that had several old mining cabins on a creek that fed into the river just up stream from Washington. Man what it was like to be a teenager in the mountains, along a beautiful river, with free love, and everybody smiling all the time. I remember netting a baggie one time and everybody clapped as if I had caught a big fish. :o Try duplicating that now days. [smiley=winkfs.gif]

RIVER_RAT
09-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Ya Washington is like a "Hole In The Wall" community, I think it has more diversity per population than anywhere else in the world.
Kneedeep, that was more than likely the Artic Mine cabins, Charlie Brown, Paula and A guy named Pinky were the caretakers, Ya we smiled alot back then :D ;D

In_the_hot_spot76
09-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Comment removed.....

fishguts
09-30-2008, 09:07 AM
I think the hippies, many still wearing the same clothes are stil there. They are just drawing social security now and its all for medical purposes.

King-J
09-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks for all the replies I will be heading to the McCloud next weekend will post pics and report when I return.
John