3 day fishing license is $12.00
10 day fishing license is $29.00
Year is 49.00

Now this can change I will call the end of Sept to confirm these prices
Everything else is the same
;)

chicofishrmen
09-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks Chick! Can you still keep 1 fish over 24"?

CHICKFISHING58
09-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Chico,
As far as I know its still the same but I will follow up toward the end of Sept :D

MankinD
09-05-2008, 03:16 PM
3 day fishing permit is $24.00
3 day fishing license is $12.00

What is the difference between a 3 day fishing permit and a 3 day fishing license? :-? How much is a one day License?

CC

CC, the $12.00 lisence is for youth aged 12-18 years old, don't think you qualify. [smiley=old.gif]

rc mckokanee
09-05-2008, 04:10 PM
i know this lake is full of cutts, but it would be nice if we could get the lahontan cutthroats reintroduced to all the calif waters it used to be in. personally i don't like pay lakes. i have seen where they are putting them in the west carson, but the area they are putting them in is a known stock area and the people there are catching them as fast as they put them in. i'm not trying to knock pyramid. i am sure it is a nice fishing lake, but the lake tahoe and surrounding areas were decimated of their native cutthroat fisheries long ago. maybe its just a money thing

Pyramid_Kid
09-05-2008, 06:07 PM
For lack of better words Pyramid is a plant and take fishery. *But the Cutts that you catch even if they are recently planted dont resemble your *atypical hatchery fish with the beat up fins and tails. *These fish look just like they were spawned in the wild. *Its truely a unique place to fish, but of course I have an unbiased opinion about the lake. *Sure its a little expensive to fish at $9 bucks a day for your fishing permit and another $9 bucks for your boating permit should you desire to troll. But thats why I buy an annual permit for both and I always get my money's worth by making at least 8 trips per season. *And then there is the bait regulations of artificial only and barbless hooks. *But those regs dont bother me any. *Im not a huge fan of bait fishing (worms, powerbait, etc), the barbless reg makes you a better fisherman for fighting the fish and easier release.

tortuga
09-06-2008, 06:08 AM
OK so thats the regs. What lures should I be using? Where do we hit? how fast do they like it? Will someone be there to reel in my fish for me? (lol)
Really we are total rookies so any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tortuga

troutfan
09-06-2008, 06:17 AM
OK so thats the regs. *What lures should I be using? *Where do we hit? * how fast do they like it? *Will someone be there to reel in my fish for me? (lol) *
Thanks
Tortuga
Tortuga,
If you read the "Fishing Pyramid lake" section of the Trout Faqs page that will get you some good info along with more specifics which I'm sure the regulars will chime in with. ;)

chicofishrmen
09-06-2008, 08:57 AM
i know this lake is full of cutts, but it would be nice if we could get the lahontan cutthroats reintroduced to all the calif waters it used to be in. *personally *i don't like pay lakes. *i have seen where they are putting them in the west carson, but the area they are putting them in is *a known stock area and the people there are catching them as fast as they put them in. i'm not trying to knock pyramid. i am sure it is a nice fishing lake, but the lake tahoe and surrounding areas were decimated of their native cutthroat fisheries long ago. *maybe its just a money thing

There is an effort to re-introduce cutts to Fallen Leaf lake, but I haven't anything in awhile. I think the macks keep eating them. Doc, have you heard anything??

drstressor
09-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Nope. I've been on the road too much this past year and I'm out of the loop. As of last Fall, the Fallen Leaf projects was still going on.

The Truckee River Restoration project is also still in progress. But as long as there are still rainbows in the river, it is going to be very hard to establish the cutts there. That goes for any body of water that has rainbows. The 2 species just can't coexist together except in certain coastal streams where rainbows and coastal cutts have co-evolved together over a long time.

Mr_Ed
09-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Doc;

So how do the Cutts fair with the brookies,browns,whitfish,carp
and the few bass?

Only the rainbows cause a problem?

Pyramid_Kid
09-07-2008, 07:54 AM
OK so thats the regs. What lures should I be using? Where do we hit? how fast do they like it? Will someone be there to reel in my fish for me? (lol)
Thanks
Tortuga

Lures to use. Lymans, J plugs, Tomic plugs, Pro Trol sting king, Apex Hot Spots, casting spoon, Flat fish, kwik fish, Sting Fish. Be creative ;) I dont have any particular speeds that I use to fish any particular lure. I put the lure in the water next to the boat and adjust the speed of the boat to get the action I want out of the lure. The first 6 types of lure that I listed are trolled fast at or above 2 mph but could be trolled slower but the action isnt as good. Flat fish, Kwik fish and sting fish are trolled slow 1.5 mph or less. But I have caught fish with them going faster than 1.5.

As for where are the fish hitting........................ all over the place. Litterally the fish can be found all over the lake. So its up to you to find them.

Lastly I would be more than happy to reel in your fish for you. ;D ;)

Mr_Ed
09-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Looking at all the charts, tides,moon phase etc................

the first week wil be outstanding !!

all you need to do is get your line in the water ................

johnbfishin
09-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Looking at all the charts, tides,moon phase etc................

the first week wil be outstanding !!

all you need to do is get your line in the water ................

That's why the fest is on the second weekend, just to make it a little more of a challenge. ::) ;)

CHICKFISHING58
09-12-2008, 12:18 PM
FYI

I called the ranger station and there will not be a search and rescue tournament this year on opening day. They hope to have the license for the permits out by the 1st of Oct

tortuga
09-14-2008, 01:34 PM
I know I saw a post about the "2 hooks per rod per person" rule but I can't find it. Is a lure with a treble hook or 2 treble hooks legal, And if we are going to be releasing the majority does it make sense to use the treble hooks that come on the flat fish and plugs? (after I flatten the barbs)
Thanks for duh help
Tortuga

CHICKFISHING58
09-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Tortuga,
Most of us change out the hooks to single ones ;)

But you can use them if you want just need to be barbless :)

CHICKFISHING58
09-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Please check the first page I called the ranger station and its up to date ;)
[smiley=bump.gif]