PDA

View Full Version : Quarry 9/20 report

bigdaddy68768
09-28-2008, 12:22 PM
I know its a little late, but better late than never right? lol ......Went out to Quarry last weekend, Earrrrrly....I was the 2nd car in line (only b/c I scouted rainbow lake first ;) ) Me and my buddy set up his port-a-boat and headed out for some trolling......4 hours later and the only thing we caught was a 6" smallmouth...that and our trolling motor ran out of juice, so we put on a nice show for the bank dwellers rowing all the way back from the other side, lol........talked to another troller and he only got 1 2lb.er at 38' .......water temp was still warm ...around 71 degrees....still waiting for it to drop another 5 or so. Not to be discouraged....I decided to head for kiosk cove....the booth attendant said that there were reports of 100 trout just swimming in the cove and not biting.......so I thought what the heck, why not give it a shot. Casted out and no one was catching anything....but out of the blue I got a hit.....set the hook and felt like nothing was there, but when I brought it in there was a 6" LMB with a size 2 octopus hook buried in it's stomach. Now I question whether that hook ever had bait on it or if it just bit the bare hook b/c that thing was wayyy too large for normal. Finally patrolled the cove a little more and I seen the trout swimming, they were about 5' off the bank....and yep, they weren't biting. After throwing flies....PB .....crawlers to no avail.....I tied on a 3/4 oz. Rooster Tail........and I managed to pick up a reaction strike! I was using the 'ol let it flutter and rip the hell out of it! Bam! fish on! a nice healthy 3 1/2 lber ......so persistence paid off once again at quarry.....managed to make many a fellow angler feel discouraged....but it just goes to show......switch up the technique and good results can happen! hope this helps....watch for the rains and the temp drop and it will be fish on @ quarry once more....hope this helps....TIGHT LINES!

CountryBoy
09-28-2008, 05:05 PM
thats awesome you were able to get one to bite! I tried all mornin thursday and couldnt do it. Ill be back probably tuesday mornin though for more...A few weeks of cold weather and we're in for some good fishin I cant wait!

HighStreamsLvr
09-28-2008, 06:33 PM
how in the world do ya troll quarrey lakes? it is so tiny....