PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake 9/27

Jason
09-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Went up to Silver with a group of guys from work. There were 6 of us on 3 boats. Got on the water after 7:00 and started toplining mini-crawlers behind dodgers. Right off we started getting hits on my boat. First we catch and release a small Mackinaw, a few small rainbows, and one small brown. Than we started getting into the larger fish. By 11:00 we had 2 limits of rainbows. We had many ldr's and sdr's. Lost some nice looking fish right at the boat. Spent the last 2 hours cruising around the lake and were off by 1:00 PM. The other 2 boats pretty much did catch and release, with each boat getting good amounts of fish. Boat traffic didn't seem to bad.

Captain Compassion
09-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Sweet Jason. Those Caples trout are starting to make a difference. I arrived at Silver around 6:40 and fished the area ariound the dam. Had several nice strikes on a Rainbow Rap but couldn't connect. Saw a cavalcade of boats launching around 7:00 Including a real neat looking pontoon. Glad they were sticking for the trollers. Had a little better luck at Red but it soon got real crowded due to California's free fishing day.

CC

Jason
09-27-2008, 06:55 PM
That pontoon was at the ramp as I came in. It was very interesting. Just some plywood on some pontoons with a 15 horse motor. Found out later one of the other boats I was there with, caught and released a nice Mackinaw around 16 inches. Of the 5 I took home one was pink and the others were planter white.