PDA

View Full Version : Oops, I did it again. *Same shirt differnent fish.

mrsockeye
09-25-2008, 09:06 PM
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2826/1020181gb8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
First off, let me say, that I only own one shirt, this fishing thing really has got me in the poor house. *As some of you will notice, I'm wearing that same worn out ACDC camo shirt that I wear in a lot of my posts. *That shirt has some serious fish catching mojo. *Anyhow, my compadre GOLDENTROUT and I were planning on fishing the old "Suckee Truckee" together, but this danged work and choors thing really got in my way. *I need a job that lets me work about 0-10 hours a week, and pays at least 2 grand a week, with a flexible schedule. *If anybody has that job, let me know. *So, I missed our meeting, and GOLDENTROUT was already on the river. *I figured we might cross paths, but it didn't happen till later in the evening when the fishing was all done. *
So, on to the fishing. *Knowing that GOLDENTROUT, one of the best anglers on this side of the Sierra's, had possibly just fished the water before me, I knew I may need to change my tactics up. *I thought, "Where hasn't he fished?" *"How can I make a different presentation?" *These were the right questions, as I had another great night on the river. *I started by crossing to the other side of the river, figuring he may of had a tough time fishing some of the small pockets over there. *So, I concentrated on working pockets, instead of mid river structure, and that's where the fish were. *
My first fish was a bit of a surprise, as I put my offering into a fast shute, then watched a nice brown jump. *Then I thought to myself,"That's odd, what is a brown just jumping for joy for?" *About a half second later, I cranked down fast, and set hard, bam, fish on. *I got lucky, that one should have gotten away, and somehow, even with the delayed reaction, the fish stayed glued. *
Fish two was a brief swing and a miss, and this one also jumped. *He was big almost black colored buck.
Fish three, hooked directly downstream, with the rod pointed down, a bad scenario for landing fish... Lost! *Another big brown.
Fish four, so dark I couldn't see anymore. *This one was also directly downsteam. *At first, I thought I had bumped a rock, but the lure seemed to be moving just ever so slightly. *So, I jerked, solid hookup, and a very angry brown. *This one also came to the surface, and slashed mightily... lost.
Four hookups, one landed.
By the way, GOLDENTROUT, was about a mile below me, and all my stealth wasn't needed, but it worked. *He landed 4, including a 5 pounder, I'll leave the rest to him.
For all you "Trout Huggers," don't worry about ridiculing me on keeping fish, it is like water on a duck's back, it just rolls right off. *If you think that bugs me, you should just hear my Girlfriend when she thinks I've been fishing to much!

GOLDENTROUT
09-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Once again nice fish and chat, and I do love that part of the river!
Oh yea, Im going to switch gears to get more big browns early! You tore em up! I only got 1 nice one :'(

Mackattack
09-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Well done MS. When you least expect GT is right behind you with fish on and you have to reel in and watch him run down rv. to keep this hog on that could have been yours. But wait dejavu its you behind GT and he has to give you room to CR. Its a tough world but at least you guys are having fun in it.

Mackattack

drstressor
09-25-2008, 09:23 PM
I think you look better in that old shirt that the way you're dressed in you signature picture, Mike. ;)

You guys should try fishing for them again an hour after the bite shuts down when it gets completely dark. Of course you would never get enough sleep to go to work at all. 8-)

cowboyfisher21
09-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Great job Sockeye! that must be the lucky shirt! but if you wash it the mojo goes away! ;)Beautiful browns my friend, ill have to take a break from the Carson and head towards the Truckee. I especially like the end of your post, addressing the "Meat Fisherman" subject. It seems as though me, you, and cc are recieving some ridicule for keeping fish but hey what can we say were good fisherman and we like the taste of fish. so ill take your side anyday my friend! ;) keep the post coming and remember dnt wash the shirt!LOL *;D

Captain Compassion
09-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Love them Brookies, Topaz Bows and those Alpers Super Stockers. Don't like Cutts or Macks. Browns are OK if they are small. Best catch is T-Bone or Rib Eye. [smiley=chowtime.gif]

CC

cowboyfisher21
09-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Only 12 more ours CC till the dinner bell starts ringing in Walker! ;)

GCinGV
09-26-2008, 06:42 AM
I think you look better in that old shirt that the way you're dressed in you signature picture, Mike. ;)

You guys should try fishing for them again an hour after the bite shuts down when it gets completely dark. Of course you would never get enough sleep to go to work at all. 8-)
And once it gets pitch black try some all black plugs. In extremely low light the darker the plug the better for the most distinct silhouette. Works well for me. Either that or fast drying black Krylon is my new hot scent.
GC

hooks
09-26-2008, 07:15 AM
8-) Sock it to 'em

tejedarichard
09-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Hard work pays off; must be nice. Great fish.