PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can go stream fishing?

acousticrain
09-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Looking for a fairly easy accesbile spot where I can go stream fishing. I'd rather not go too far so somehwhere not too far maybe a 100 mile radius would be good. I'm in the eastbay. Thanks

Pinoleman
09-23-2008, 07:26 AM
Kennedy Meadows just at the base of the Sonora Pass for one but its about 4 hours away. Easily Accessible. East Carson also near the Carson River Resort but that is also a 4 hour drive from the east bay.

buzzbait
09-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Why not fish the Delta? It's right around the corner from you and has many species of fish.

SuperDave
09-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Putah Creek and Deer Creek come to mind.

Fish_R_Us
09-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Deer Creek parallels state highway 32 which is located east of Chico. There are alot of turnouts along the highway. Dont know how the flows are, but somebody here should be able to help. There may be a website that shows the current flows. Might be located at the CA Dept of Water Resources (DWR) website. The terrain gets pretty rugged as the elevation rises around where the dirt backroads lead west twords the Cohasset area. Be extra careful as it's getting close to harvest season.

buzzbait
09-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Deer Creek is a good spot for planter Bows, but it's like 5 hours from where acousticrain lives.

dinos marine
09-24-2008, 06:01 PM
unfortunatly, i think anything close would not be very good fishing? i live in the eb, and the carson is about 2 1/2 hors. far, but not that bad. mho is the carson as well. fish are pretty tasty too. then of you head up 88, u have alot of options rather than just the streams. the drive is worth it. :D

cowboyfisher21
09-24-2008, 06:36 PM
The mockelumne river below pardee is an option good amount of holdover planters, not much pressure and BIG browns! just becarefull wading that water. its fast, cold, and unpredictable.

shon42073
09-24-2008, 06:48 PM
I'd stay away from putah creek, Its a dump that has no fish in it.

eatmoremeat
09-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Ignore this nonsense:

I'd stay away from putah (sic) creek, Its (sic) a dump that has no fish in it

It's fly-fisher propaganda, designed to keep us regular working class people away.

steelhead209
09-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Ignore this nonsense:

I'd stay away from putah (sic) creek, Its (sic) a dump that has no fish in it

It's fly-fisher propaganda, designed to keep us regular working class people away.

I second that And i amfly-guy Putah should be a river to go to althrough i hear its a litlle high to fish safely ....less spots to fish...anyone know different?

GOLDENTROUT
09-25-2008, 06:41 AM
A lot of people say the Carson, its a very good river to fish. But if your going to go that far the Truckee River can't be beat any way shape or form!!! That said, if you want to try the Truckee send me a pm and Ill tell you some of better spots to fish Cal or Nev side!
Tight lines GT.

feelinminnesota
09-25-2008, 11:57 AM
the lower stanislaus can be alot of fun. it is a catch and release, artificial, barbless hook only river, so be sure to check your regs.
you can catch fish right at knights ferry, but the river will close soon for the fall salmon run.

Mackattack
09-25-2008, 10:16 PM
I'd stay away from putah creek, Its a dump that has no fish in it.
Hi ! raingirl if you need some more info on your adventures for fish call me. I dont like some of the responces you have had to endure so you got my #. Good luck and fish on.

Mackattack