PDA

View Full Version : Where can I *ride my dirt bike and fish for trout?

fishlipd
09-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Come on almighty Sniffers. I like getting into the forest to ride and chasing big browns and macks. Where to go. got a boat too. Later J :D

keviwa
09-18-2008, 06:32 AM
For fishing go to Sugar Pine. Its a few miles south of Forest Hill. Decent bank or boat fishing for trout.
For riding theres Parker Flat, aka Forest Hill. Just a few miles from Sugar Pine on the same road. Real dusty on the trails right now.
If you need more info. let me know.

keviwa
09-18-2008, 06:38 AM
Another place you may consider is Stumpy Meadows for trout and Mace Mill for riding. These spots are east of Georgetown.
This place and Forest Hill are east of Sacramento.

SuperDave
09-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Next month Pyramid lake, near Reno will be open for giant Cutthroat and there is a dirt MX track and trails as you come into the reservation.

tejedarichard
09-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Right before you get to Beardsley there are off road vehicle paths that take you to the Stanislaus River. Try google mapping it.

atavuss
09-18-2008, 06:57 PM
from Red Lake on highway 88 you can ride up to Lost Lakes, then down to Upper and Lower Blue lakes, from Blue Lakes to Meadow and Twin Lake, from there you can backtrack to Tamarack and Sunset Lake. *I think there are even more lakes but I have forgotten their names. *I don't think any of these lakes hold browns or macks though.

Mackattack
09-18-2008, 07:17 PM
You have to be real carefull on off road vehicles with green stickys as each ranger district has closed areas that you cannot go(even dirt roads). Now if you have a license plate on them you can pretty much go anywhere there is a fire road(dont stray off the beaten path)cause you can get a big fine and even impoundage of your ride. Stop at the ranger station where ever you go and ask and read there maps. Have fun.

Mackattack(former dirt bike rider)

Darin
09-18-2008, 07:43 PM
For fishing go to Sugar Pine. Its a few miles south of Forest Hill. Decent bank or boat fishing for trout.
For riding theres Parker Flat, aka Forest Hill. Just a few miles from Sugar Pine on the same road. Real dusty on the trails right now.
If you need more info. let me know.

You can also hit the Middlefork of the American river for some great native rainbow fishing and there are some huge wild browns, if you can get them to bite...good luck!! There are a few trails that will take you down to the river on a dirtbike from the sugarpine area. The trails are not on a map so pm if your interested

LARiver
09-19-2008, 07:41 AM
Come on almighty Sniffers. I like getting into the forest to ride and chasing big browns and macks. Where to go. got a boat too. Later J :D

Accept my apologies for not being good with the lingo but do you mean "motorized" or pedal powered or either? I think this is an interesting topic and have done a few treks with mountain bikes (pedal power) but with the price of gas etc. see the value of an on/off road solution. In other words, set up base camp with car/tent etc somewhere pretty easy like a public campground and then use a motorcycle to navigate both on and off-road for the final ... oh I don't know .. 5-20 miles into the "wilderness". I was on a business flight recently and spoke with a guy who is part of a successful organization ( forgot the name ) partially funded by motorcycle manufacturers etc. that acts as a watchdog and mediation force for riding on wild lands in ways that riders can enjoy BUT also in ways that don't harm too much habitat etc. Anyway, I am rambling. Interesting topic.

fishlipd
09-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Sorry it took so long to reply, It's a dirtbike, motorized. WR250 its a green sticker bike.

dano
09-25-2008, 05:26 AM
sparky180
try the trails leading down to Donnells res. Haven't been there myself but hear great things about it. I'm sure there are some old threads on here about it if you do a history search. The road to it is pretty rough I guess. I;ve heard of 4x4's getting there but a bike is better. Should be great fishing with the weather turning colder. It's off the Beardsley road but I'm not sure which dirt road you take. I'm sure you could google it or stop at the Summit ranger station and find out the particulars. Let us all know wherever you decide.
dano

Jigster
09-25-2008, 07:46 AM
I saw quite a few dirt bikers at Prosser. Good luck!
J