PDA

View Full Version : silver lake, west carson areas

rc mckokanee
09-24-2008, 09:03 PM
leaving in the early am tomorrow . hopefully will do a evening fish on west carson. catch and release most likely. would like to catch some brookies for a meal. caples pics looks wierd. i have never seen that lake so low. anyone going to be in that area this weekend, let me know, im sure to have a extra beer on hand. have thursday to sunday to fish the area, would like to do heenan, and meadow lakes. also what is the story on pleasant valley creek. is it fishable, and are there restrictions ? wolf creek. where is it, and is it worth fishing ? i suppose the west carson is pretty low by now. has anyone fished the west carson up in the hope faith and charity valleys? any info is greatly appreciated.

Mackattack
09-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Red Lake is your best shot at brookies let us know how you do.

Mackattack

Darin
09-24-2008, 09:21 PM
I just got back from the fishing that area a couple of days ago. There are alot of fish under the bridge at hope valley, but they have been there for a while and you have to be ultra stealthy to catch one of them. The West Carson *is actually doing good, as well as the east Carson. Look under the bridges of the west fork, you will see the fish. The E Carson is flowing nice and there has been some recent plants, the state planted last tuesday with alot of 8-12" fish. Stop by the Carson Valley lodge, they have some great info on where to go and what to use... head to higher elevations for the brookies...Pleasant Valley is now a pay fish spot, Im not sure but i heard its up tp 150buxs a day..there is a sign with a phone number about a mile down the dirt road to get the detailed info on that area. If you really need the PV info let me know and I will dig for it...Good Luck

fat_fish
09-24-2008, 09:34 PM
woods lake is a good bet for brookies and shelter from the wind also...especially since 50 mph winds on the peaks r expected 2morrow.

ff