PDA

View Full Version : Full Moon over Stumpy, Report with Pics

Empire
09-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Willbilly called yesterday and insisted I join him and Itukawal onboard the Duckworth today at Stumpy Meadows.

We met in Georgetown at 5:30AM and were on the water before 6:15. The ramp is launchable but barely. Willbilly had to do some fancy maneuvering with the trailer to make a 90 degree turn and drop the boat into the lake. First lines out were a combination of topline baits and downrigged dodgers and buggy looking things.

First fish to the boat within 20 minutes of debating whether or not there was a fish on my line. *After a short reel up to the surface and a netless flop into the boat this little fish took the skunk off.

www.members.aol.com/empirephotos/stumpytrouta.jpg

Second fish, a decent brown, came in for Itukawal on a secret toplined bait. It is so secret that I made both Willbilly and Itukawal sign confidentiality agreements and take an oath that the lure would never be mentioned. *Both signed and agreed but I am pretty sure Itukawal had his fingers crossed when I swore him in.

www.members.aol.com/empirephotos/stumpybrtrout.jpg

Third fish also went to Itukawal on a pink bug of some sort behind a dodger, a bigger rainbow than the first.

www.members.aol.com/empirephotos/stumpytrout2.jpg

Fourth fish went on my downrigger line as we were pulling in at 11:30 *to call it a day. I did not take any pictures of that rainbow but I am pretty sure that it was bigger than Itukawals rainbow *;D.

Thank you Willbilly for a great trip. *It was a pleasure meeting you IT and looking forward to fishing with both in the near future.

dfective1
09-16-2008, 01:43 PM
*I hit stumpy on my way up to deer hunt. Wentwrorth spring road to Ice house road *is a great drive..Thanks for the report .

vito
09-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Wow - That's a great report. Nice going IT. Thats a juicy brown ya got there.

SHigSpeed
09-16-2008, 01:57 PM
I hit stumpy on my way up to deer hunt. Wentwrorth spring road to Ice house road is a great drive..Thanks for the report .
I second the drive! Almost as fun as the fishing! Though in a car made for those roads, some of the "roads" to lakes SUCK!.

Never caught browns at Stumpy. Didn't know they were in there.

_SHig

buzzbait
09-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Not too many fish, but the ones you got look nice. I still need to get my first brown.

Good job and thanks for the pictures. :)

Garden_Valley_Fish
09-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Good report Al and you were with some fine company I didnt think you guys could launch the duck there I guess I was wrong.

metalmouth
09-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Good report guys. Sounds like a fun crew to fish with!

Thanks for the pics.

MM

Farrier_Frank
09-16-2008, 04:02 PM
I just had a couple of beers with IT down at the club and when he came in the door he said he had caught a pretty nice fish... and three beers later he was thinking it was probably about 3 to 4 lbs. ::)

willbilly
09-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Wetdog reports the lake is at a record low for this early in the fall

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/willbillyib/P1000223.jpg
It was a cold morning even the birds were grounded
IT & I were cold in the early wind and used the forced air heat till the Sun showed up

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/willbillyib/P1000235.jpg

Al goes overboard to the swim platform to man the net.
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/willbillyib/P1000242.jpg

It was a fun trip thanks to the crew

WB

freon
09-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Congrats on a great trip out guys, looks like a great crew Wilson ;)

zhands
09-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Nice report Empire & Willbilly , way to go out, have some fun and boat some nice fish.....esp the Brown.

Pray for a big winter

Z

Kneedeep
09-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Hey Al, ITIT says that brown was caught on the same lure you told me not to talk about. :-/

Nice ride Wilson, maybe we can fish Folsom in it sometime soon. ;)

ITUKAWAL
09-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Wilson and Corn-girl put together a great trout and rice dinner back at Wilsons place that evening. Think'n 'bout having them adopt me. The word diet does'nt exsist when I come down and stay with Wilson, Roger and Ric1. :D ;)

Al, was a pleasure sharing the deck space with ya.

Wilson, as always, thanks for the friendship. Hope Elsee remembers her best buddy.

ITIT

Mickey_Thomas
09-17-2008, 06:45 PM
That Brown looks to be at least 3-4 pounds ::) ;D I can hear FF now, all the way to Cameron Park, "that little thing" why did you keep it?" ;D ;D ;D Looks like a fun day, even if you didn't take Roger with you I bet you missed story 147. ;) ;D

ITUKAWAL
09-23-2008, 11:12 AM
I hear ya Mick.

The next Thursday and Sunday We heard 147 19 times.

ITIT