PDA

View Full Version : Re: Pinole, Ca. to Riggins Idaho Road Trip

Old_School
09-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Pinoleman,

You definately covered a lot of ground. Looked like some beautiful spots and a great time. Thanx for sharing the details and the pics! ;)

Old School

mrsockeye
09-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Cool report, I'm surprised more people haven't commented, but I for one love these exotic posts. I'd love to do a little chukar hunting cast and blast trip in that area. Keep the good posts coming.

Pinoleman
09-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Glad to hear some positive feedback. That was quite a road trip. It was my first time going up through Bend and over to Idaho. Usually I go through Winnemucca and see nothing but desert for hours on end. Going through Bend is longer but is alot more scenic. I dont think you are far from either a lake or a river the entire trip. One thing that blew me away is the massive snake river Between Baker City Oregon and Weiser Idaho. That river is extremely wide in this area. The emigrants who came through back in the 1800's had to take their entire party with wagon trains, cattle and all accross the snake in this area. Some wagons started floating and the men had to tie ropes on them and swim accross and then pull the wagons over. We sure have it easy these days compared to back then but I think I would have still wanted to live back then compared to today. Just think of the abundant fishing to be had back then.