PDA

View Full Version : Caples Rescue Take II.

Captain Compassion
09-18-2008, 08:50 PM
I have just been informed that there will be another small rescue effort on Monday September 22. This is to take place at the cofferdam near the old dam. They need some strong bodies from 9 AM to move fish from the shore to trucks.. If you would like to volunteer contact Jerry Neuburger at:

"California Sportfishing Protection Alliance" <gneuburger@yahoo.com>

I have a previous comittment so I cant go. :(

CC

Mackattack
09-18-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks CC I wish i could be there to help those that can. Again thanks to those that help and take pics please.

Mackattack

fat_fish
09-18-2008, 09:00 PM
how low will the lake be then?

ff

Captain Compassion
09-19-2008, 03:35 AM
Thay say it's a one day thing.

CC

troutslayer9
09-19-2008, 10:23 AM
I just signed up and spoke to jerry.after this rescue there going to drain the aera by the dam very rapidly it will soon be mud.

Captain Compassion
09-19-2008, 03:34 PM
I just signed up and spoke to jerry.after this rescue there going to drain the aera by the dam very rapidly it will soon be mud.

Mary you have a heart of gold. :) Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

CC

untalan1
09-19-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm going to be up that way next weekend,sorry that the dates don't allow me to help in the fish rescue program.Mary haven't bumped into you at Red lately hope you've been doing alot of fishing of late.Hope to see you when those alpine lakes turn over.Efren.

GCinGV
09-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Drove by this afternoon and the spillway arm (south dam) is almost a separate lake now. Also very narrow now where the bladder dam is going.
GC

Phishinfool2
09-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Pics, pics, pics, how bout some pics I'd love to see the difference now, I haven't been to Caples since just after the big thaw and probably wont be able to see it before the next big freeze, how is the new ramp coming along.

Jimbo

rc mckokanee
09-20-2008, 12:15 PM
going to be in that area next weekend. it will be strange to see caples drained. hope the campground at silver lake by the silver fork is still open