PDA

View Full Version : fishing the east carson?? and 88

dinos marine
09-15-2008, 08:34 PM
we are fishing the 88 corridor this weekend. any suggestions? i will have my 12yo in tow. thought we should try silver, caples, wooods, red (?), then the west carson. i havnt fished the east carson, and have been told its better than the west carson. any pointers? we will be fishing ul, 5 foot rods, bait and spinners. any help would be great. look for a red caravan, with a hockey sticker in the back window :D

fat_fish
09-15-2008, 08:43 PM
there have been 3 or 4 recent posts of the area...not sure about e.carson...sorenson's bridge on the w.carson has nice big fat trout in the pools.

ff

dinos marine
09-15-2008, 08:58 PM
thanks ff. wanted to check out the east carson, and maybe some new spots on the west. have hit the four bridges in the area, and if they are there great, if not.......thats why they call it fishin ;D thanks for the tip!

fat_fish
09-15-2008, 09:13 PM
lemme know how the e. fork is, as i've been thinkin about a trip there. good luck.

ff

atavuss
09-16-2008, 06:46 PM
don't forget about Upper and Lower Blue lakes too!

fat_fish
09-16-2008, 09:26 PM
don't forget about Upper and Lower Blue lakes too! *

upper was good to me last week...trolled for 2 hrs and 4 fish. they planted the sh(t out of that lake lately...not many campers either. we were the only boat on the water from 7:00-7:45 wed. am.

ff

dinos marine
09-17-2008, 05:24 AM
thanks for the replies! i dont plan on bringing the boat up (small 12 cartopper). was trying to find if anyone had some tips on the east carson. ::)
we have fished the west carson, from the red lake bridge, down to almost markleville. i just havnt fished the e carson.
when we helped the fish rescue @ caples, i have been told many tales of the awsome fishing on the e carson. anyone have some tips??
thanks
dk

j0nny_l0
09-17-2008, 06:44 AM
dkonrai,

I just went there the other day. I recommend you to drift salmon eggs and worms. For the locations on where to fish, call Todd Sodaro of the Carson River Resort (877-694-2229). I think that is his number, give a try. GOOD LUCK!!

-Van

Denny1969
09-17-2008, 08:19 AM
The East Carson has special regs below Hangman's Bridge to the Nevada stateline. Only artificial lures with barbless hooks can be used. The bag limit there is zero fish.

Denny

dinos marine
09-17-2008, 07:26 PM
hey jonnie,
so was that the e or w carson that you went to?

j0nny_l0
09-18-2008, 06:21 AM
dkonrai,

It was the east carson.What we did was just stop at every general store and ask them where is the hot spot. The first stop was at hope valley on the west carson. The clerk said that the fishing at west carson was slow. So we went to woodsford and the clerk at the store pointed us to the east carson. They gave some us some good spots, because my buddy got a 5.2 pound and 25 inch trout when we went. Thats the place to be at.

Van

Darin
09-18-2008, 07:48 PM
dkonrai

Me and a few guys will be fishing the Carson area this weekend. We useally fish the special regs section but we plan on doing some exploring to uncharted territories. We will be in a light blue toyota 2wd p/u and a older white fj70 landcrusier. If you see us dont be shy..stop by and say high. Were staying at Walley's resort in Minden.

Captain Compassion
09-18-2008, 09:06 PM
From today's (Thursday) Nevada Appeal:

CARSON RIVERS, CALIF:
East Carson River: Todd Sodaro and Chad Machado of the Carson River Resort (877-694-2229): The water is the same as it has been for the last five weeks. The fishing has been spectacular. The county planted big fish from the Susanville hatchery last week. Jim Santo of Stockton used a Panther Martin lure to catch five rainbows: 9-pounds, 11-ounces; 7-pounds, 15-ounces; 7-pounds, 10-ounces; 5-pounds, 5-ounces; and 4-pounds, 5-ounces. Thatís 35 pounds of fish.

Lood luck. 8-)

CC

fat_fish
09-18-2008, 09:35 PM
that's one 'ell of a lure to last through 35 lbs of fighting fury.

ff

dinos marine
09-19-2008, 04:52 AM
hey capt, so are you going to join us?? i might just go straight down to the east carson......... omg 35 pounds of fish?? are you serious? i think i need some 6lb line. that 4 lb line is gonna take some beating. we are probably going up saturday morning.
dino

troutfan
09-19-2008, 05:03 AM
hey capt, so are you going to join us?? i might just go straight down to the east carson......... omg 35 pounds of fish?? are you serious? i think i need some 6lb line. that 4 lb line is gonna take some beating. we are probably going up saturday morning.
dino
Why don't you send him a Pm and ask him what his plans are ? ::) If you want to have a conversation the PM is a great way to do that and it keeps with the theme of this being an information board and it's not being used for a chat room. ;)