PDA

View Full Version : Englebright 9/13

jcarman
09-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Decided to take dad fishing for the day on Saturday and we finally decided on Englebright. I always forget what a beautiful lake Englebright is, especially late in the summer. We were on the water at 6:30 and it was calm and cool...fall is definitely in the air!

We trolled the dam for about 45 minutes and saw lots of fish at 10-30'. We targeted them at 20' with dodgers and hoochies for 2 small rainbows. We headed up past the no-ski line and found scattered fish to 20' again. We set the bottom poles to 20' with dodgers and hoochies and the top lines with a Marauder Black Pearl 5" minnow and a Firetiger 3" minnow. The bottom poles never produced for us, but the top lines scored 5 more fish for a total mixed bag of 5 rainbows and 2 browns. Nothing big, but great BBQ size! Heres dad with the first brown of the day.
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/CRF230_014.jpg

Cost of gas, $20....fishing with dad for a day, priceless! ;)

Off the lake by 10:30 just in time to miss the flotilla of recreational watercraft!

dfective1
09-15-2008, 06:32 PM
So so cool love that lake ...Good job

jcarman
09-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Me too DF! Your post actually got me fired up to go there, so thanks! We went all the way up the river until it got too shallow and the water temperature was 49 degrees! We saw lots of trout in the river and the water was crystal clear and emerald green! And for a Saturday, there was very little pressure. I imagine during the week it is really quiet!

FD

dfective1
09-15-2008, 06:42 PM
It is in fact I'm heading up there tomorrow first thing just to unwind .. ;)