PDA

View Full Version : Collins

blu-meanie
09-11-2008, 08:39 PM
That would be Collins Pond now. We worked on our tans this trip, put some more hours on the new outboard, and caught nothing. Well, almost nothing, stopped by the Tuff-Stuff Jerky place and bought two pounds of jerky. Where else can you go fishing and come home with jerky?

fishgetter
09-11-2008, 11:50 PM
That sucks fishing wise but hey, at least you can BUY your catch of the day ;) That beef jerky and the ice cream cones at Collins 8-)

gearbox
09-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Was that at the bait shop? Good jerky?

blu-meanie
09-12-2008, 06:02 AM
Tough Stuff Jerky is about 2 miles down Marysville Road toward hwy 20. I've been making my gums sore eating it for years.

916towerguy
09-12-2008, 06:04 AM
I fished Collins a couple of weeks ago for one fish.It was caught at 37ft on a silver and pink dodger and white and pink cripp lure
It is really low :'(
Like so low there are no islands it just is all out of the water. It more like a channel than a lake right now. Your fine if you stay in the main channel area but ver off the the unoccupied side of the lake and it gets shallow fast.
On a side note Tuff Stuff Jerky is some great jerky. I always have to stop and pick up some when Im up there

In_the_hot_spot76
09-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Ahhh,did you think you were gonna catch fish in 100 degree bathwater [smiley=bath.gif],good luck.In a month,if theres any water left,there will be giant hogs waiting for me,and that good ice cream,not to mention that the collins staff are great people and go out of there way to stock more fish than any other lake in CA above Sac.

dfective1
09-12-2008, 07:33 AM
* * * * * Posted by: In the hot spot76 Posted on: Today at 7:51am

Ahhh,did you think you were gonna catch fish in 100 degree bathwater *
thats funny got any soap ...We need water bad....