PDA

View Full Version : bear river

biggamehunter67
09-10-2008, 08:38 PM
heading to bear river this weekend with friends for the tourney any good lures or locations to try ive never been there before

Captain Compassion
09-10-2008, 08:48 PM
heading to bear river this weekend with friends for the tourney any good lures or locations to try ive never been there before

This is tourny weekend at Lower Bear? Hmmmmm....

CC

Phishinfool2
09-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Stay home CC they dont need anymore competition ;D You have plenty of lakes nearby. Saw the post and pics of Caples, boy I should get up there one of these days to see it in person, I have never seen the lake that low. Not to worry the weather will break soon and Seon and I will be at Silver tearin' them up again..

Jimbo

JMat
09-11-2008, 07:13 PM
BGH67,
I was just up at Bear River on Monday and DFG was stocking some of the fish. Now are you fishing from a boat ot shore? I've only fished that lake from the shore and have always done well with Kastmasters and Panther Martins.
The only real questions is ... When did they stock the lunkers? Because if it's real recent I would stay closr to the resort. Otherwise I found a nice point across the dams and was able to catch 8 fish in a little over an hour. Some recent plants but most holdovers and nice 12"-14" fish at that.

Hope this Helps!

JMat

biggamehunter67
09-11-2008, 07:16 PM
well be in a boat and a buddy tells me they stock it twice this week before the tourney...thanks for the info

Float_N_Fish
09-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Head off towards the furthest dam fishing the steep banks and points if you decide to go after browns, be across the lake 1/2 hour before sunrise to catch the tail end of their night prowl.