PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Meadows Hog

HighStreamsLvr
09-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I went up to check out the little walker and bridgeport yesterday, it is pretty low but running nice, caught 5 and released them, 12 inchers,,,fightin' lil devils...stopped at kennedy meadows for a sandwich and decided to fish the upper part of the stream about 300 yards from the pack station up river...caught 7 nice bows and one 3 pounder...largest trout I have ever caught out of this area, definent holdover for 2 maybe 3 seasons.....darn camera on the blink...but its a beaut with gorgeous colors and nice tail....ohh and you may come up and try yer luck cause she's back in there....caught all on roostertails, black and brown ....best bait made... ::) ;)

SuperDave
09-10-2008, 01:57 PM
I've made many of stops there on my way over the pass to Kirman. Some times are great and some times no so much but I always stop to check it out.

Captain Compassion
09-10-2008, 04:21 PM
That's a real brute for that kind of water. Nice catch. Haven't been over Sonora Pass yet this year. Better go before the snow flies.

CC

Chadzilla
09-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Wow, that is a great fish for Kennedy Meadows. I fish that area a couple times every season and haven't seen anything near that size come out of there. Maybe you'll pick it up again next year. Congrats!

Float_N_Fish
09-11-2008, 08:51 PM
I usually stop by KM resort during deer hunting season in September for hamburgers and ice cream bars and because they always seem to have dunked some nice Rainbows, 2-3 pounders in there as a final year end bonus. * Makes up for the uneventful deer hunting trips.

FnF