PDA

View Full Version : Boca question

cjskier
09-05-2008, 08:12 AM
Why is there a closed area on the north end? The creek arm to the west of the little Truckee river arm is closed off. Why is this?

OYD
09-05-2008, 08:29 AM
There is a bird sanctuary to the west of the Little Truckee that is a no trespassing area. *Is that the section you are questioning?

Pyramid_Kid
09-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Its either the bird sanctuary or its the competion ski area. If its the sactuary its closed of so as to not disturb the Bald Eagles that nest in the back side of that area. If its the competions ski area stay out of there also as the jerks that pay to use it are well JERKS. At least I was told that they pay to use it. Its some sort of special members only deal. Not many if any fish back in that area anyway its pretty shallow as I recall.

cjskier
09-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the help guys, that would explain it.

hooks
09-06-2008, 08:09 AM
Its either the bird sanctuary or its the competion ski area. *If its the sactuary its closed of so as to not disturb the Bald Eagles that nest in the back side of that area. *If its the competions ski area stay out of there also as the jerks that pay to use it are well JERKS. *At least I was told that they pay to use it. *Its some sort of special members only deal. *Not many if any fish back in that area anyway its pretty shallow as I recall.

I agree, I have never caught any fish in there either. ;D

OYD
09-06-2008, 08:16 AM
The ski area (bay) is not closed off-there is only a buoy at the entrance. We have caught fish in there in past years. The bird sanctuary has a sign indicating closure at the entrance whereas there is no closed area in the ski bay.