PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake help!

outdoorsman
08-26-2008, 03:55 PM
We are going up to Eagle lake this labor day and I was wondering how to fish it. I dont have downriggers on the boat, but can still troll from the top, right? Is there a good stillfishing bite like on flies?
What action rod would you recommend?
I have sling blades with small spoon, koke-nuts, and some ripbaits. Will also try to get some witht the fly rod. Your help is much appreciated.

Jetspray
08-26-2008, 07:55 PM
This time of year fish are running deep, follow the fleet and you'll hit some sweet spots. Colors of orange or red are good to use, sometimes just a good grub in white, green or pumpkin works too.....Jetspray

tinytrout
08-26-2008, 08:16 PM
I agree with Big Kahuna, all these colors and lures work great. Water bobber and crawler can work great also.

Scott R
08-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Fish are spread out from the surface to 30+ feet right now. I just got back and was catching fish trolling at 4'. Anchoring up and still fishing with a slip bobber and nightcrawler is also a productive method. I use an ultra-light rod with 6 lb test. All of the stores at Eagle sell tackle that will catch you fish. Good luck and catch a big one.

Majakat
08-27-2008, 05:13 AM
How is launching there right now? we are going to be up there the 3rd-7th

blowfish
08-27-2008, 06:28 AM
I was just there last week. The launch at the south end was 2.7'. yes I shined the prop a little. Seem like everything works there Had my best action on a orange/orange speedy shiner at 30' we leadcored the first couple of laps, to mark the low spots and there are many now. I was 3.5 colors and a rapala cought fish also. Watch out for snag point , it got us lol. have a great trip, watch those afternoon winds ;)

outdoorsman
08-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the info. What power rod would you recommend for trolling. Med or medium heavy?

flatcom
08-29-2008, 04:55 AM
outdoorsman, you picked a good weekend to go. project eagle lake will be having seminars at the marina from some of the local guides. go to projectkokanee.com for more info

Jetspray
08-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Go light and enjoy the fight....Jetspray