PDA

View Full Version : Hellhole with GVF

ric1ric
08-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Had the pleasure of fishing with Rich yesterday. We hit the water before first light and started off ripping for some browns. I was first to hook up with a small one, next up was Rich with another small one and a SDL. That made two according to Farrier Frank accounting methods, or one if you count like the rest of us. ;D *We had several hits but no sticks after that. I think I was running one of GVF's Draggin lures. After that we switched over to koke gear for one LDR and not much else for the day. Think we were off the water by 1 and headed home.
Thank you Rich, it was a gas as it always is when we fish together. Hellhole what an awesome place to spend a day at, beautiful lake. The lake is getting low the ramp is down around the horseshoe and a ways more, but still an easy launch. *
Oh yeah Rich took home a pile of mudbugs for his dinner mmm bet they were good. *

Garden_Valley_Fish
08-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Rick It was great having you on board we had a great day despite the lack of action. I am glad to say I got the mudbugs I was hoping for so it was not a total loss.

Water is low but a few more trips are in order water was 56 and clear.We saw alot of fish surfacing in the back but even those didnt want to play.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh306/gvfphoto/IM000324.jpg?t=1219502383

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh306/gvfphoto/IM000325.jpg?t=1219502510

Big Ken
08-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Glad you guys had a good day on the water. Those crawdads will be better than the ones @ Union Valley anyway.

Garden_Valley_Fish
08-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Hey Ken I see you did the name change thing looks good,Your not kidding those bugs at the hole were great

Farrier_Frank
08-24-2008, 09:00 PM
I was first to hook up with a small one, next up was Rich with another small one and a SDL. That made two according to Farrier Frank accounting methods, or one if you count like the rest of us. ;D

Sorry to dig this really sorry thread up from the second page Rick. I know you wish it would just die and go to the cellar. But you questioned my integrity counting fish... implying I don't count accurately. [smiley=homersimpson.gif]

I know you don't have a clue, but the math of fish counting is simple. It's like this: If Richard caught one fish and you caught one fish, then by the time you get back to the launch It's three fish. Very simple. And when you get back to the launch and everybody asks how you did, you tell them you caught two and Richard caught one... and then you hold your arms apart and commence to tell them how big your fish was... none of this "little" fish stuff. [smiley=smiley_crazy.gif]

I teach a course in Applied Fishing Math that insures you get back home with the best story's.... *If you still have a boat that floats... and actually runs [smiley=odie.gif] I'd be glad to spend a day fishing with you and teach you the fundamentals of counting fish.

P.S. What's an SDL? Sounds like a Short Dog on a Leash.[smiley=wileecoyote.gif]

ric1ric
08-25-2008, 06:24 AM
I was not impliying you count improperly , just that you have a completely different accounting method. :D Soon it will be time to hunt sturgeon and I look forward to a lesson in the Farrier Frank Applied Fishing Math . Short Dog on a Leash, it was more of a puppy but then again still have not mastered the *Farrier Frank Applied Fishing Math. I look forward to learning so that my one small brown can become 4- 5lbers and off the water in an hour. It does sound much more exciting. *[smiley=yahoo.gif]

SuperDave
08-25-2008, 06:36 AM
Like all good Brownie fishermen, I'm sure they caught more and bigger fish than reported and just played it down as to not burn their spot. ;D

Mickey_Thomas
08-25-2008, 06:56 AM
Like all good Brownie fishermen, I'm sure they caught more and bigger fish than reported and just played it down as to not burn their spot. * ;D [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]
And they we're really at Hell Hole either ;)
I"ve taken FF course in "fish counting" the trouble is no matter how many you catch Franks always has one more :D

Garden_Valley_Fish
08-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Wow a good brownie fisherman thank you for the complement Dave it is much appreciated.
Frank I too wanted to know what a SDL was thanks for clearing that up ;D how come you didnt make that offer to teach me too?? :-/

SuperDave
08-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Wait a minute! Good Brownie fishermen don't report, never mind, I take it back. ;)

Farrier_Frank
08-25-2008, 07:21 AM
... how come you didnt make that offer to teach me too?? :-/

You're way to honest, Rich. My top students have character flaws and are morally week. You know, guys like Rick and Mickey are top of the class students. [smiley=bartsimpson.gif]

Mickey_Thomas
08-25-2008, 07:25 AM
... how come you didnt make that offer to teach me too?? :-/

You're way to honest, Rich. My top students have character flaws and are morally week. You know, guys like Rick and Mickey are top of the class students. [smiley=bartsimpson.gif]
I think he meant weak ::) have a "moral week" Frank, like you could ;D ;D ;D

Garden_Valley_Fish
08-25-2008, 07:26 AM
So true Frank but with the "Farrier Frank Applied Fishing Math " why does being honest have to be bad we're using your math.I'll try not to bug the teacher ;D

Farrier_Frank
08-25-2008, 07:50 AM
... why does being honest have to be bad we're using your math.;D

[smiley=duh.gif]That's what I'm talking about, Rich. You are way to honest. I'll still be glad to teach you some tricks, but I doubt you'll make it past the beginning class on fibbing. ;)

Hey Mickey... I was writing weasel and decide that was to strong so my fingers stumbled across the keyboards and it came out "week". ::)

AllFishNoWork
08-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Can we get this stickied to the top of the Trout Page?

the math of fish counting is simple. It's like this: If Richard caught one fish and you caught one fish, then by the time you get back to the launch It's three fish. Very simple. And when you get back to the launch and everybody asks how you did, you tell them you caught two and Richard caught one... and then you hold your arms apart and commence to tell them how big your fish was... none of this "little" fish stuff.

I really wanted to add some of my own commentary to this thread, even took a break to the thinking room to contemplate it, but I wasn't sure since I'm a member of the Nevada Chapter of the "club" if I was allowed to post my wisecracks.

CHICKFISHING58
08-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Nice job guy's :)

FF,
I have to agree with the number count [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

ric1ric
08-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Allfish post on brother. ;)

freon
08-26-2008, 11:34 AM
I really wanted to add some of my own commentary to this thread, even took a break to the thinking room to contemplate it, but I wasn't sure since I'm a member of the Nevada Chapter of the "club" if I was allowed to post my wisecracks.

Brendon, watch out, a little time spent around these guys and Holly will be having you sleep in the dog house :o
Now if you can use that math when I come up to spend my cabela's card in two weekends, then I would say that you are on to something ;) ;D

You know, if these guys were in church and talking to the pope that they would swear that the 18" brown they caught was really 26 pounds ;D ;D

ric1ric
08-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Come on Freon we all know an 18"er is 32lbs

freon
08-27-2008, 06:23 AM
Come on Freon we all know an 18"er is 32lbs

Oh, sorry, my bad :-[
See Rick, you didnt really need that class from Frank ;D ;D

ric1ric
08-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Frank gave me the speed class at Lance's Place on thursday ;D

SOUTH_BAY_FISHER
08-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Isn't it the number of fish you catch is equal to the number of woble pops you dirnk. I haven't fished with every one who posted on this thread but my math always says more beer = more fish so maybe you guys just need to drink more while fishing.

For me it's get lines out pop open a brew light a smoke and o **** double line all fwacked beer spilt four letter words flying out and then a hell heay nice fish anyway FF when i'm back in town i would love one of you classes even if it's over woble pops at lances.

Ben

ric1ric
08-28-2008, 09:46 AM
If I caught as many fish as the beers I drink I would need a couple more freezers ;D

Garden_Valley_Fish
08-28-2008, 11:40 AM
;DIsnt that the truth ;D ;D

Good to hear from you Ben and we did try all those things
I would try to help but Frank wont even let me in the door

freon
08-28-2008, 06:41 PM
so maybe you guys just need to drink more while fishing.

Uh, I dont think so Ben ;) ;D

If I caught as many fish as the beers I drink I would need a couple more freezers

I think I resemble that remark ;) ;D

fernley_tim
08-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Like all good Brownie fishermen, I'm sure they caught more and bigger fish than reported and just played it down as to not burn their spot. * ;D [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]
And they we're really at Hell Hole either ;)
I"ve taken FF course in "fish counting" the trouble is no matter how many you catch Franks always has one more :D
Frankie ;D ;D ;D ;D I resemble that remark :o ;D