PDA

View Full Version : lake davis

sfron209@aol.com
08-19-2008, 01:13 PM
hey there my fellow fisherman, Im planning a trip to Davis on 9-10. After reading about the less than tasty fish and weeds growing on the bottom of the lake, it has me wondering whether i should go somewher else. I was there a few years ago and did well from shore (Mallards) with powerbait. I remember the snags, just have to reel in fast. Other than that we caught nothing under 14". So my questions are, does fishing get better in Sept. and has the lake been producing. Im a bank fisherman and would like some thoughts from you guys. Maybe a suggestion for another lake. I have a couple of weeks to decide. Thanks sfron

billfisher
08-19-2008, 02:11 PM
sfron - Well, its hard to say because it depends on when fall arrives. Fishing should be good at Davis this fall, but when the lake will cool down is a guess. My guess is that October should be better than September, but maybe not. Sorry. but if anyone says they know for sure how the fishing is going to be at Davis on 9/10 then the next thing they will be doing is trying to sell you a bridge someplace.

Eagle Lake is further, but it has been prettty good this year from most reports. However, for bankers it may not be real good yet.

Frenchmens is nearby and could also be a good option by 9/10, or not??:-/

sfron209@aol.com
08-19-2008, 08:43 PM
thanks billfisher. Frenchman, forgot about that lake, and its down the road too! Never been to eagle lake. Heard good things about it. How much further up north , time wise? anybody know?

billfisher
08-20-2008, 08:54 AM
thanks billfisher. Frenchman, *forgot about that lake, and its down the road too! Never been to eagle lake. Heard good things about it. How much further up north , time wise? *anybody know?

Two hours more or less from Portola. *Go from Portola to Hwy. 395 (Hallelujah Junction), then north past Susanville. *But 9/10 may still be a bit early for good bank fishing at Eagle Lake as well. *The nice thing about the Davis/Frenchman proximity is that you can camp at either and fish at both.

sfron209@aol.com
08-20-2008, 09:13 AM
thank you billfisher, i really appreciate the response.