PDA

View Full Version : Collins Lake

leadcore
08-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Has any one been fishing collins lake lately? Going up next weekend and would like to know the score.

FishbucketII
08-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Just got back from 4 days camping.
The lake is low... like 80 feet low. ( I dont know the exact)
But, dont let that stop you.

Fish were scattered about. One day right in the southwest corner of the dam it was good then the next day it was at the swim beach, and another day at the "Marina" to the swim beach. then another right down the middle. takes about 1/2 an hour to figure ot where, not much for them to hideout.
Caught 6-7 trout every morning. about 2 hours of trolling. I was the camp cook so I had to be back to put breakfast on.

Caught lots of 12-14inch Browns. some nice 16-18inch Rainbows. Trolled 20-27 feet. 1.4-6 mph. Black and gold Rapalas and Hotshots produced all of them. tried some dodgers and hoochies for kicks.

On some of the ledges at the dam in 80 feet of water, Lots of fish were stuck to the bottom, I didnt try to go after them. Looked like lots of rocks and didnt want to loose any gear.

If your into Bass the morning topwater action was hot. Caught 3 1-1/2to 2lb Bass off one rock the first morning, just coming out of the marina.. ;)

Good Luck

Trout Tracker
08-13-2008, 05:23 AM
That is the best report i have seen from collins in along time.Glad you found fish and hooked up.
What was for breakfast????
Bob

FishbucketII
08-13-2008, 07:20 AM
BlueBerry pancakes, Bacon, Tortillas, Chozio and Eggs, linguisa, Hashbrowns, Scrambled Eggs, French Toast.
not all on the same day mind you... :D

Dinners were Pork ribs,asian salad,rolls,hamburgers,Chicken alfredo fettucine,ceasar salad,some other stuff I cant think of.... :-/
We had two trout for dinner one night, the rest went back into the lake for others to enjoy.