PDA

View Full Version : Wheres The Fish

T.T.T._Guy
08-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Where's the fish ????
Normally I here fishing reports from: Stumpy Meadows, Rollins, Scotts Flat, Sugar Pine, Ingelbright, Collins, Etc,Etc and lately I haven't seen to many reports for these lakes Is the water to low or has fishing been lousy. I wasn't going to retire my boat for the winter until September but know I'm wondering what August is going to bring.
All Reports Welcome !!!!!!

waterdog
08-04-2008, 12:54 PM
I think that the lack of reports are a combination of 2 things- First the "old timers" or long time veterans of this board don't seem to post many fishing reports anymore and second most of the lakes are quite low and fewer people are fishing the lakes. I know due to low water conditions I have gone to lakes fishings way less often this year than prior years. The cost of fuel may have something to do with it too,
Waterdog :)

cowboyfisher
08-04-2008, 06:18 PM
As an update on Englebright...

Fished there on from the 1st through the 3rd of August. Limited each day on trout trolling worms behind flashers at around 10-20 ft. Even caught two largemouth, well, sort of largemouth, they were about 6-8 inches while trolling. Also C&R a couple dozed bluegills at Keystone cove from the back of the houseboat. Water was cold but pretty high in comparison to other lakes I've been to lately.

-CF

troutfan
08-04-2008, 06:21 PM
The two waters I fish, Bridgeport Reservoir and Eagle lake are both doing pretty well right now.

Mackattack
08-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Where's the fish ????
Normally I here fishing reports from: Stumpy Meadows, Rollins, Scotts Flat, Sugar Pine, Ingelbright, Collins, Etc,Etc and lately I haven't seen to many reports for these lakes Is the water to low or has fishing been lousy. I wasn't going to retire my boat for the winter until September but know I'm wondering what August is going to bring.
All Reports Welcome !!!!!!

In the water(oops I made a funny) I wish I could go look with you but my vac. time is over for the year. So I will wait for your reports patiently to plan for next year. Good luck on your hunt.

Mackattack

notenufffishn
08-05-2008, 12:34 PM
I agree the posts have been a little light as of late. i personally have made fewer trips this year due to gas proces. I have to drive about two hours and must take my boat so it costs me at least $80 in gas. This year i made fewer trips but stayed much longer. i will be up to Silver Lake on Thursday and will post when I get back.

johnbfishin
08-06-2008, 05:16 PM
The price of everything has gone up although gas is the biggest hit....ya still have to eat no matter where you are. ;)

I know it's held me back from taking some trips that in the past I would have done. :'(

shon42073
08-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Everything is just so dam expensive now compared to last summer. I go and get groceries for a camping weekend and its just unbeleivable what food and supplies cost these days, add the cost of gas and thats probably part of it. To cut costs now I'm having to seek out the free national forest campgrounds with no running water or tables whenever possible, There out there if you just look around.