PDA

View Full Version : W carson, E carson, Upper truckee

Cash11
07-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Ill be in South Lake tahoe for the weekend and was planning on fishing all these rivers. I know both forks of the Carson are being stocked but I might avoid the crowds and get into some wild trout with the fly pole. Dont really know yet. Anyone have any info on the waters? Also what is a good acess point for the Upper truckee? Thanks. ill post a report

brookies
07-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Cash11:
I didn't see your post here. I usually fish the Upper Truckee from the bridge at HWY 50 in Meyers up stream on South Upper Truckee rd. up to the bridge before it connects back with Hwy 89. You will be fishing in backyards of homes but I have never had a problem. The same patterns work here as on the West Carson. These are all small wild fish so please try to C&R them. I fish the river about twice a week after dinner for a couple hours and always catch fish. You can go to the bridge and take the trail that goes to Round lake the stream runs right by the trail. Make sure you bring bug spray to both the Upper Truckee and West Carson as the bugs are killers. I haven't fished the East Carson since before the spring blow out and will not fish it till the fall so I have no information about it. Hope this helps put you on some fish.
brookies

gbslade
07-30-2008, 06:04 AM
A friend and I fished the East Carson last Friday in the Special Reg. section below Hangman's Bridge. We fished from 4:30 PM 'til dark. Caught about 10 - 12 fish between us on caddis nymphs, including one that ran about 16" and one that ran about 20". The water was low then (83 cfs); today it is 52 cfs. At this rate I don't know if there will be any Fall fishing.

Tahomas
08-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Hopper season is definitely ON.