PDA

View Full Version : Trout fishing in Santa Clara

theredchaser
07-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Hi, I have a question for everyone living in or near the Santa Clara area. Where do you guys go for trout during the non-stocking seasons of the man-made lakes?

I've been to Vasona, Lexington, and Stevens Creek. Some bass keep biting my lures but no trout.

Are there any lures specifically for trout that bass won't take interest in? I don't like using life/synthetic bait so I'd like to stick to lures. I also don't have a boat so I'm casting from the banks... which are unfortunately where all the bass hang out. :-?

Thanks for the help :D

maui_mark
07-29-2008, 11:40 AM
I used to bank fish Lexington not too far from the launch ramp. Anywhere you have good drop offs. Watch the shoreline as the water levels recede and you'll see where I mean. There are even some decent sized trout in there... best of luck. Mark

overthehill
07-29-2008, 03:31 PM
I drove by Lexington on 7/25 and the lake is really low, didn't fish it had to work.

Slim
07-29-2008, 05:40 PM
I bet all the waters are warm, so you have to fish deep. Ever tried Loch Lomond ?? http://www.ichthy.com/fw-loch.shtml

Slim

nunee
07-31-2008, 09:49 PM
I had success at Steven Creek off the dam. This was probably 2 months ago, maybe 3.....but we fished power bait with a slip sinker off the bottom. Probably the best way to target trout, and not too big of a secret.

Now, if you can find a guy with a full stringer and get him to tell you the color and type he is using....good luck! LOL!!!!