PDA

View Full Version : Ice House

justtrollin
07-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Bella, me and my daughter fished Ice House today. Lots of fish on, kept five. Lake lice and the other idiots showed up around eleven. All fish caught with nightcrawlers behind flashers at 40 feet....

JO73
07-25-2008, 01:47 PM
My Dad and I are going to troll up at icehouse next week and I was looking fo a little help on the list below. We have only trolled for trout a couple of times at Folsom but have been suddessful. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Launch fee?
Good trolling lures to use there?
Usual trolling depth this time of year?

notenufffishn
07-25-2008, 03:06 PM
No launch fee, Seps watermelon dodger with a crawler behind it. Make sure you feed the hook through the body so it looks natural. i have seen several people using dodger that bunch the crawler on the worm and does not look natural.
Powerbait, woolie buggers (go to the local fly shop for color)
Kastmasters, panthermartins.

Where to go and depth....
I would go in the main body of the lake try various depths starting at 20 feet to maybe 50ft. Drag bottom and in the middle of the lake.

Also try the inley drfiting crawlers, powerbait. Talk to people that are there and find out what is working and is not.

JO73
07-25-2008, 03:42 PM
So ur using live crawlers? do you use a worm blower? What type and size of hook? Thanks up front for the info. Going up early next Friday.

JO73
07-25-2008, 03:44 PM
One more thing. You said there was no launch fee but is there a fee for parking/day use??

Jason
07-25-2008, 04:19 PM
There's no fees at all. I use a #6 octopus with half a mini-crawler. I run it 18 inches behind the dodger. Thats all you should need. Watermelon, green and chartruese dodgers all work great. If you get there early enough toplining should be perfect. If I use my downrigger its usually only 15 to 25 feet. No need for a worm blower.

tinytrout
07-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Yea the wonderful lake lice! Don,t ya just love em.

gearbox
07-28-2008, 09:57 AM
If there are no fees does that means there's no gate, ie. can it be accessed at all times of day and most days of the year?
Is there good fishing from bank or raft?

LD
07-28-2008, 10:32 AM
If there are no fees does that means there's no gate, ie. can it be accessed at all times of day and most days of the year?
Is there good fishing from bank or raft?
Yes is the answer to all your questions. ;D
Acess all year round, as long as there is no ice in the winter.

Trout_Terminator
07-29-2008, 12:31 AM
ice house is really a hit and miss kind of lake. If you know where to go then you can usually get them. But the fish migrate through out the lake constantly so the best thing to do is troll. Other than that bank fishing is awesome if you like to hike ;)

JO73
07-29-2008, 10:40 AM
TT, where would be the best location to start trolling?

Trout_Terminator
07-30-2008, 11:01 AM
where you start seeing fish :o. Check your PM's