PDA

View Full Version : where should we stay? eagle lake

Majakat
07-29-2008, 03:11 PM
We are going up to eagle lake next weekend, any recommendations for lodging? Rather not camp with all the kiddos -

achin2fish
07-29-2008, 03:24 PM
At the north end of the lake is spaulding area.....there are rentals there in that area....they have cabins for 50 or 60 a night...good luck 8-)

lildude
07-29-2008, 04:29 PM
http://www.eaglelakeheritage.com/
Here's a link to rentals at the north and south end.

GOOD LUCK !!!

maui_mark
07-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes! Try the listing above. I stayed at a 3 bedroom 2 bath place in Spaulding for $135 a night, but there are numerous options less and more expensive, should you prefer. The place I rented had satellite TV, a Weber BBQ, dishes, etc... everything except linens & towels. There is a deposit but you get it back if you leave the place clean.
It's close to the marina/launch ramp in spaulding and you can normally rent a slip for $10 a night as well for your boat, which makes life a little easier... There are 2 small stores in Spaulding as well, for extra tackle & limited food supplies ( hamburger, buns, condiments, canned goods, your usual assortment of fluids, and did I mention Tackle?).
The nearest retaraunt & bar was 10 miles away, but worth the drive. Good food & friendly folks... Just watch for deer especially driving at dusk and thereafter! There was talk of the restaraunt in Spaulding re-opening, but I don't know the timetable... If you are going to BBQ burgers at a cabin, pick some wild sage and top them with with a few sprigs while cooking! It grows everywhere... just remember to scrape it off before topping your burger with your favorite condiments, cook them indirect with your favorite wood chips, top them with your favorite goodies, and prepare to be a hapy and comfortable camper! *Just my experience. *Mark *

tinytrout
07-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Get on line and look up www.eaglelakeheritage.com they have many great rentals around Eagle Lake. Especially in the Spaulding track area.
Tiny Trout