PDA

View Full Version : Saturday morning in auburn

hopevalleyfisher
07-26-2008, 10:12 AM
My buddies backyard has a creek running thru it. Heres what I found there.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x304/rattlesnake_02/0526081407.jpg

MattMan
07-26-2008, 11:06 AM
"My buddies backyard has a creek running thru it. Heres what I found there."

How cool is that? ;) We need more buddies with creeks in the backyard. ;D Those fish have some size to them. ;)

hopevalleyfisher
07-26-2008, 11:13 AM
These arent the smallest fish Ive caught there, either. Ive got one twice that size. The creek is no more than 6' across, up or downstream. It all on private property, and I know the owners. ;)

CountryBoy
07-26-2008, 02:19 PM
how much do those way? 2 pounds? dude thats awesome! ;)

johnbfishin
07-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Those are a couple of nice fish for sure.
My guess is that they came out of Auburn Ravine. If so, there used to be some Browns in there as well....and if you check the reg book there is a 0 bag limit for Salmon, though I doubt they can even get there now a days.

Kneedeep
07-26-2008, 09:45 PM
When I was a kid of about 10, my parents had some friends that lived near Auburn. I forget the name of the road but if you were driving east on 80 you would drive under that rail road bridge and end up on the north side of 80. There was a small creek that followed the narrow road that led up the hill to the Cartwright's house, no not Hoss or Little Joe's place but Roy and what ever his wife's name was. My parents promised me one time that they would drop me off along the road, so I could fish this very narrow creek along side the road. The creek was swollen from recent rains and very muddy. There was only about 50 yards of the creek that was right next to the road and not fenced. I shocked the hell out of my parents and their friends when I walked up to their house with 10 big rainbows that I caught with in 1 hour with night crawlers in very murky water, ten feet from the road behind a big rock that I was standing on. I never got to fish that creek again because the Cartwright's moved. I often wondered, if that creek was still there and if any one had any idea that there's fish in it. There could be a 46 year old hog lurking behind that boulder. ;) Microfisher, nice catch buddy, hope you get to repeat it many times. Very cool indeed to have a creek in the back yard. Be nice to your buddy for sure.

johnbfishin
07-27-2008, 06:51 AM
*Kneedeep, that sounds like the Auburn Ravine as it used to be. The local sportsmans club used to have the kids fishing derby in it. Now most of where that occured is under a parking lot and they put the trout in the duck pond at regional park.

We used to fish the Ravine near where the statues are, some 40 years ago :o, time sure does fly!
Then as teenagers we'd fish down it down in the Ophir area for some decent fish.
How many of you guys remember Willie Slade and his "Save Ophir Prison" campaign. ;) ;D

dfective1
07-27-2008, 05:05 PM
yeah nice fish... now you should poach them??????? auburn ravine is catch and release check the regs boys [smiley=suesscat.gif]

johnbfishin
07-27-2008, 05:31 PM
yeah nice fish... now you should poach them??????? * *auburn ravine is catch and release check the regs boys *[smiley=suesscat.gif]

Catch and release for what though? I know there is special regs for Steelhead & Salmon, for trout now that would be a new one on me, but what else is new? ;)

Oh yeah....I don't believe I would eat any fish out of the Auburn Ravine anyway. 8-)

Captain Compassion
07-27-2008, 06:01 PM
(12.5) Auburn Ravine Creek and tributaries
(Placer Co.) east of Nelson Lane.
Fourth Saturday in May through Oct. 14.
0 trout 2 salmon

CC

northriver_tom
07-27-2008, 06:16 PM
nice trout way to go....nice hat also the crime inc crew is us right here in gilroy ca....thanks for supporting our logo....

stayrighthere
07-28-2008, 03:11 PM
i grew up in Ophir and know the whole stretch of the auburn ravine very well. lots of trout, but yes bag limit is 0!!!!!!! i think even its tributaries are 0 too. i hope those didnt come out of there. >:( i've yelled at people for talking trout b4 when i was fishing it too, even people who live on it, i've talked to them, n said no no. no salmon in ophir area two dam block them on in lincoln and another in ophir, but there is a plan to that got granted $ to fix that, so the salmon can make it up. 2 salmon but 0 trout! 0 trout!

hunkfisher
07-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Nice job Micro see what you started why don't you just tell us where this spot is so we can clear you of any improper accusations ;D ;D ;D ;), Kidding of course everybody needs a secret spot or two nice looking fish. I used to fish what i called Ophir Creek with my uncle back when i was young and the last time i was up there i got some nice fish, but that was two years ago, CPR of course.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

wildturkey
07-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Johnbefishin, if your talking about the Willie Slade I know he is in Stevensville Montana now. I was up there a few years back and my son and I helped him load hay. Drives atround in his old ford p/u and has three guns in his truck and on him and can hardly walk any more :o :o Loonie as a bed bug too.

Wild Turkey

hopevalleyfisher
07-28-2008, 10:36 PM
They are not from auburn ravine.
It is a small irrigation creek, dont think it even has a name, and I checked the regs book as best I could.
Honestly, I dont know how fish could get in there and survive, but they did and do!
I usually release all my fish there, but these guys tasted good that night.
Either way, I was on privately owned land, and the landowner said I could take them, good enough for me.
I paid the state, look whats hanging around my neck.
Dont be jealous guys, I got my secret spot. ;)

hopevalleyfisher
07-28-2008, 10:40 PM
(12.5) Auburn Ravine Creek and tributaries
(Placer Co.) east of Nelson Lane.
Fourth Saturday in May through Oct. 14.
0 trout 2 salmon

CC

I definately was not east of Nelson!

MontanaN8V
07-29-2008, 07:53 AM
I have a great friend, that rarely fishes, that owns 40 acres along Auburn Ravine off of Chili Hill. PM me if you want his number, drop my name and he will let you fish. He has three bass ponds that are C&R for his kid. The trout in the creek when I go up there, are all C&R. We catch them, then release them 6 hrs later, but they go from rainbows to brown trout. ;D

stayrighthere
07-29-2008, 08:18 AM
I have a great friend, that rarely fishes, that owns 40 acres along Auburn Ravine off of Chili Hill. PM me if you want his number, drop my name and he will let you fish. He has three bass ponds that are C&R for his kid. *The trout in the creek when I go up there, are all C&R. We catch them, then release them 6 hrs later, but they go from rainbows to brown trout. *;D

i've fished those ponds, i used to know a guy who knew him too.

micro sounds like you were fishing a NID ditch, ive caught 100s of trout in it one runs thru my parents land, also bass, cats and blue gil in them too. once caught a crawdad under a rock that had a 3in trout in its pincher.