PDA

View Full Version : pinecrest

tightlines1707
07-23-2008, 10:13 AM
yeah a nother pinecrest question... haha, im going up this evening, about 5 to be there around seven... hopefully fish tonight and tomorrow morning, any thing happening lately, last time i went i had no luck because i suck at trout fishing, buti want to catch some trout, and since they are restocked nearly every day! lol wouldl ike to eat some fresh fish on the camping trip. any suggestions?
thanks in advance
tightlines
bobby

fishing_man
07-23-2008, 10:25 AM
will be up there as well on friday for sure might go on thursday. any recent reports will help a lot since i havent been there like in a year. thanks

F_M

HOOF
07-23-2008, 02:12 PM
are you gonna be trolling or bank fishing?

fishing_man
07-23-2008, 03:01 PM
not to hijack but i will be banking it...

tightlines1707
07-23-2008, 04:42 PM
tonight, bank, tomorrow bank and boat either or. lol what ever works

Slim
07-23-2008, 10:57 PM
I'll expect your report.

P.S. My buddy fished it Saturday for nada, slow action... but that was the day befor the thunderstorm came in. So that might have effected the fishin, which might be why I found it very slow also on saturday at Beardsley Afterbay !! I also caught nada....

Slim

rlljfc
07-23-2008, 11:40 PM
We fished the lake last thurs/fri and crushed them. *Fished the white buoy line all the way in the corner where it turns back to shore. *Made short little figure 8's in the area. *Fished 10-15 feet down, 60-80 feet back, 4 lb. test on our clamp on downriggers. *Used fire tiger needle fish and silver/red triple teasers.

This area always holds the fish for a few days after the plants, and they plant so often thaty the fish are always there!

The inlet is also good for bait dunkers from boat or shore. *Gets crowded, but lots of fish. *Watch the guys hooking up and wait your turn to move in tight to the water flowing in. *Tossing Kastmasters here is also deadly. *Cast, count to 5 and reel. *Count to 10 if not hooking up and reel.

Steve

buzzbait
07-25-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm headed up there tomorrow (Friday the 26th) for a little fun my self. *Thanks for the tips guys. *I appreciate it. *Let's hope that bite is off the hook...but not literally. *:-?

Don't want to haul my boat, so I'll be the guy fishing from a paddle boat with a screaming 6 month old in a huge blue infant life-vest...LOL.

Since I'll have no DR, here's my plan:

1. Fish night crawlers and power baits with and without bobbers
2. Flat line a slingblad and wedding ring combo out the back of a tin boat
3. Troll and fish a castmaster both from the bank and from the boat
4. Try out some spinners by the dam, bouy line, and inlet

I'll have a report for you guys on Tuesday. It will be my first one. *

hunkfisher
07-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Salmon Eggs RED LABEL at the Inlet......DEADLY!

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

tightlines1707
07-25-2008, 02:13 PM
had some good times on the lake.. got there wed night really late so no fishing... on the water by 5 the next morning and headed to the inlet, got out of the boat and my buddy caught one on a fly... i also managed a small mouth bass at the inlet... not many fishing swimming around there, suprised me... called it due to hunger and needeing to go get the brother, went out later that night to the dam and caught some on power bait about ten feet down. Today..FRIDAY fished right off the tower by the dam, we tied up to it. caught about 25. we had a lot of people fishing and the hook up rate was good. Hope that helped. oh and today was also on powerbait.

buzzbait
07-25-2008, 02:28 PM
How do you rig that powerbait? Are you just useing a couple split shot on the main line to bring it down or are you floating it on top?

Sounds like you had fun. I'm going to go get the ones you left behind.

::)

tightlines1707
07-26-2008, 12:34 AM
yeah go for it, they planted today around noon... we had both methods, bobber and also split shots. just a small amount of bait and away we went. i also forgot to mention that last night i threw out a bobber with a night crawler about 50 feet from shore and was getting some hits, nothing stuck but managed some action

fishing_man
07-27-2008, 08:04 PM
went to pinecrest and got skunked! thought that would never happen there. last time i went i was kiling them. now i didnt even get a hit. fished the side opposite to the dam because my cousins were to lazy to go to the inlet walking. went later to jump off the rocks anyways because it was hot!