PDA

View Full Version : Twin Lakes trout?

Slapin_Bass
07-24-2008, 04:31 PM
The fam wants to take the motorhome out, and was wondering if anyone has been out that way lately. The boat is staying home, so I will be banking it. I've never fished the lake, but have fished some around that area. Any info or advice would be appreciated. -Andrew

Duke363
07-24-2008, 06:12 PM
I was at Twin in Mammoth yesterday, but I'm guessing you're talking about the other Twin Lakes. Just in case you're headed to Mammoth... I did OK at Twin Lakes there, fished for about 60 minutes at dusk for 4 bows, all on a fly n' bubble with a Wooly Bugger. Tried a mosquito too, but they were only interested in the bugger. Walked all around Lake George throwing fly / bubble, Thomas bouyants and PM's for nothing, then killed 'em at Lake Mary with a rainbow pattern Thomas Bouyant. Seriously, CnR'd like 20 bows from the area near the store / ramp, walking to the west. It was a fun little trip. Never been to Mammoth before and holy cow it was crowded, a little too crowded for my tastes.

Slapin_Bass
07-24-2008, 08:22 PM
I guess I should have been more specific, but we are talking about the same place. Sounds good, looks like I'll be heading to the fly shop before I go. Thanks for the report. Was there any size to them, or were they mostly fresh planters?

Duke363
07-25-2008, 03:09 PM
No serious size to any of them. The ones from Twin were a bit smaller, the Mary fish were all planters, had one of a pretty good size but that's it. I forgot to check when they had planted Mary, but I assume it was pretty recent. What I liked about the area is that there were so many lakes to try, so if one is slow you can walk a short distance and have a shot on another lake. Good Luck!