PDA

View Full Version : Mokelumne @ mackville?

FISH_LOUIE
07-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Going to take the family to chill by the river tonight. Is anybody having luck around the Mackville section of the Mokelumne?

-Louie

Mackattack
07-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Have you been to the area by the fish hatchery below the dam. Its free and some deep water there ?

Mackattack

FISH_LOUIE
07-15-2008, 10:17 AM
Yeah I have been there but I cant remember if they have bbq pits there. Do you know if they do? Does that area close at dark as well?

Thanks for the input,
-Louie

Mackattack
07-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Its been a few years since I was there and all I remember is tables and water ? They could have made some improvements since. Its only a couple minutes from Mackville Rd so it might be worth a look.

Mackattack

Luvs2Fish
07-15-2008, 11:33 AM
I live right near the Fish Hatchery fishing area. Yes they have BBQ pits there (unless they have been vandalized since last summer). To be honest, I have never even seen a fish at either of those locations. Oh maybe a carp once. However in October my neighbors have cought some nice ones fly fishing. Maybe this year will be better.

FISH_LOUIE
07-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Thats cool, thanks for the info. I just wanted to take the fam somewhere close and cook some dinner outside. Figured It wouldnt hurt to throw a line around while we are there.

Thanks,
-Louie