PDA

View Full Version : Beardsley 7/7/o8

SkunkedAgain
07-09-2008, 08:20 AM
First time out on Beardsley ever. Heard some good things. Got there about 3:30pm. There were only 2 fishing boats and 1 ski boat on the water. I wasn't quite sure where to go, so we went to the inlet. at about 5:00 landed two, one 12" rainbow (beautiful fish) and an 18" brown (pictured). Caught both using a 2 1/2" broken back Rapala (trout pattern). No other bites. I had never caught a German Brown before. WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THEY HAD SHARP TEETH!?!? Out of the water at 7:30. A great trip!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p263/biology_educator/fishing/77brown.jpg

tejedarichard
07-09-2008, 08:43 AM
MY BUDDY CAUGHT A BROWN OUT OF THERE LAST YEAR. THEY HAVE GOOD RED SPOTS. DO YOU HAVE A BETTER PICTURE? GOOD JOB.

Athlete24
07-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Beardsley can produce some real nice rainbows and browns until the afternoon winds kick up. The first time I caught a nice brown I cut my thumb up too. ;D Rainbow Rapalas can kick butt there. Nightcrawlers and flashers are the go-to-lure for catching fish.

northriver_tom
07-09-2008, 11:31 AM
very nice lake to fish and great to read a report on beardsley...nice to see you found a few...

rivertamer
07-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Very nice brown! I have been close to the lake many times but usually just fish the streams so next time I'll give it a shot. :D

Chadzilla
07-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Congratulations on that nice brown your first time out to Beardsley... go back in a few months when the water is way down and you'll likely catch quite a few more fish. I fish Beardsley quite a bit and never tried the Rapala... thanks for sharing the info.

Slim
07-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Very Nice fish SkunkedAgain, but your not livin up to your handle!!! ;)

There's a piece of water above Beardsley where this guy threw out BBR and reeled in as fast as he could. And about every other cast he was picking up 24"+ browns, all were C & R!!! I was convinced that BBR was a killer lure for Browns after that!!! 8-)

I need to get back in there soon !!!

Slim