PDA

View Full Version : Rigging Question

spaznitro
06-29-2008, 06:16 AM
Hey all, so I was querious: How do you rig up your lures (meaning spinners, kastmasters, and the like) when casting from shore? I attach a snapawivel to the end of my line and put the lure directly on it.

crank_bait
06-29-2008, 07:34 AM
when i fish from shore, i always tie directly to the lure except if i am using a true spinner. this is especially important if you are using a plug or rapala.

Jetspray
06-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Swivels kinda mess with the way most lures work. I am more prone to tie it to some line (leader) with a swivel attached to that to hook on a snap swivel at that point. You can also add split shot, barrel weights or line attachment weights at that point to drive your lure deeper if you are not using a kastmaster lug to cast with.....Jetspray

tinytrout
06-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Spinners and spoons I always tie directly to the lure. Rapalas and swim baits I use a small E-ring or use a Rapala knot allowing the lure to get the full side to side action it was designed for.
Tiny Trout

BIG_ONE
06-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Snap swivel, tie your lure to a seperate leader and put on it, and off you go ;)

panther
06-29-2008, 05:26 PM
I also tie spoons and spinners directly to the line. With Rapalas, I attach a small split ring. It allows the lure to move better than tying on directly, and it is smaller than a swivel. Panther

SuperDave
06-29-2008, 05:40 PM
when i fish from shore, i always tie directly to the lure except if i am using a true spinner. this is especially important if you are using a plug or rapala.

Otherwise you are talking major line twist. Taking the word, "shore" out of it, anytime I'm casting sticks or wobble lures the line is tied direct. It makes changing lures a pain in the butt though.