PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle 6/25

dolfan
06-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Fished DV today from 7 to about 1. Ended up with 12. All caught on Rapalas. I still can't put up the numbers as some of you other guys, but I guess I can't complain. You guys are setting the bar too high! *;D Also, I can't catch a fish over 2 pounds

Badfish

SlyDog
06-25-2008, 05:53 PM
badfish-A 12 fish day at del Valle or anywhere is a good day.Those 20 fish plus days do happen.You just need to be there when they are on the bite like that.I bet if you checked around you would find out that your 12 fish day was a lot better than a lot of folks that fished that day.I fish there a lot and have good and not so good days while fishing the same lure the same depth same speed everything the same.It does pay to change it up when things get slow.Sometimes a suttle change can make a big difference.If you keep fishing there you will catch a Big trout.You have to put in your time and pay ypur dues.Big trout bite on the same stuff as the little guys.Keep after them-SD

fishmaster
06-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Badfish, I would have to agree with Slydog. If your having 12 fish days you know what your doing out there. Suttle changes to your rapalas like switching to a red treble on the front or back hook may be all you need to do to get a few 20 fish days. Also same color your using in a smaller or larger size may do the trick. I always run an F7 and a F5 at the same time to see which one they prefer that day. Also use scent. I use Krill and Trophy trout, they seem to work pretty good. You'll get your 10+lber. if you keep at it! GoodLuck.

dolfan
06-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys. I definitely am not complaining, it was a great day. I guess it's just that drive to catch more or bigger fish is what keeps us fishing

Badfish

Blktailhunter
06-25-2008, 08:14 PM
We also fished Del Valle today for a very nice quality of fish. Fished grubs. *Here's the biggest of the day:

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/Master_Tomberry2008/DSC00708-2.jpg

dolfan
06-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Nice fish Blktailhunter. I think I saw you guys out there. I have the old red Bayliner.

Badfish

Blktailhunter
06-25-2008, 08:54 PM
We did see you out there. *We were in the white Cabo. *Couldn't ask for *better day. Once the morning clouds burned off it was great. *Perfect temperature.

Grubs have been working well for us. *We got these last week.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm284/Master_Tomberry2008/DSCN0761-1.jpg

dilbeck
06-26-2008, 07:50 AM
I've been trolling for quite awhile but have very little experience when it comes to trolling grubs. *I've got a couple different sizes and colors in the box but never seem to pull them out. *Mostly because I'm not exactly sure how to rig them or what to rig them with. *Do people pull them naked or do you have flashers or dodgers in front of them?

Thanks for any and all intel.

BTW, nice work badfisher and blktailhunter

Michael

Blktailhunter
06-26-2008, 09:06 AM
I rig my grubs with gamagatsu light wire worm hooks. *I use size 2 hooks for my 2" grubs and size 1 with my 3" grubs. I use *4' of 4 lb florocarbon leader tied to a swivel and then my main line ( 6# test). *Don't use any flashers or dodgers. If the grubs is rigger properly it won't roll while in the water. *Just the tail wiggles back and forth. *I troll anywhere from .4-.8 knots. *At Del Valle I will usually just use pearl, white or chartreuse, sometimes a light pink.

dilbeck
06-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the tips Blktailhunter! *Much appreciated. *I'll be honest, it will seem a little weird trolling a little ole grub in a big ole lake with with nothing used to draw the fish in. *I suppose some scent will help with that though.

Thanks again,

Michael

g-string
06-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Wow, 12 fish is a good day, hell ,I had to work. Only a few more weeks til our tuna trip. I can't wait. keep fishing. see you guys soon uncle g-string

CAROLINASKIFF
06-27-2008, 07:53 PM
HEY, Blktailhunter I never thought of that thing you said the grubb won't roll. What is the proper area where you start the hook into the grubb? Is the Tail on top curling up :-/ or on bottom curling down?
Please help.

thanks

Blktailhunter
06-27-2008, 08:30 PM
With the tail up. If you put it down it sometimes gets caught on the tip of the hook and that ain't good.

SlyDog
06-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Blktailhunter-Have you ever tried a wiggle disk in front of a grub for more action?I have used them a t Amador and have had good results.-SD

stonesfan
06-28-2008, 06:06 AM
Do people pull them naked...................[quote]

Michael

If you do, don't let the RANGER see you, you may get cited...........LOL

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif] [smiley=baghead.gif]

dilbeck
06-28-2008, 07:26 AM
Do people pull them naked ...

Michael

If you do, don't let the RANGER see you, you may get cited...........LOL

stonesfan [smiley=rollingstones.gif] [smiley=baghead.gif]

Especially considering that I fish from a kayak. *It may be more than some people want to see. *;D *;)

Michael

Blktailhunter
06-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Slydog. I do have wigglefins in my tackle box and have used them at Amador with good success, but I have not tried them a Del Valle. Next time I'm out and the bite slows I'll throw one on and report back on it's success.

SlyDog
06-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Blktaijhunter-Thanks for the reply.Wiggle fins really kick things up a knotch.I think they will help,especially now that the water is getting warmer.looking foeward to your report.I may go next Wednesday.If I do I will give them a try and report.-SD