PDA

View Full Version : woods lake 6/22

Cash11
06-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Went up to woods lake on 6/22 to get out of the heat and for a little fishing. The lake was very nice. caught 4 rainbows all planters off kasmasters from shore. fished for about 3 hrs...fun day

Captain Compassion
06-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Went up to woods lake on 6/22 to get out of the heat and for a little fishing. The lake was very nice. caught 4 rainbows all planters off kasmasters from shore. fished for about 3 hrs...fun day

Woods is a nice little lake. How was the bug situation?

CC

Luvs2Fish
06-23-2008, 12:08 PM
I love Woods Lake. Not always the best fishing, but always the prettiest. In fact I'll be there Thursday and then hitting all the other spots along 88. Hope the mosquitoes aren't too bad at Woods.

cgagex3
06-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Cash,
One of my favorite places even when the fishing is slow. We stopped by for about 15 minutes on Saturday in between Blue & Caples. Didn't toss in a line, just stopped in to say hi.
Capt. the bugs were not nearly as bad as what we encountered at Upper Bear. There were visible swarms of skeeters hugging the shore there. When I took off the waders, I couldn't get the spray on fast enough not to get two or three bites on my legs.
CG

Ciscoskid
06-23-2008, 12:33 PM
We planned on going to Woods but stayed at Silver Lake all day long Saturday. Sounds like we mad a bad decision.

I was out at Silver Lake for the weekend and the bugs were so bad that by buddies boxer went into shock. We had to get her some benadryl before her eyes closed form the swelling.

HighStreamsLvr
06-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Woods Lake, nice place for sure..can you walk around that lake or is it too bogged down with marsh areas?? Also, is the lake very deep? Can u put a float tube on it with results...? Cap'n ?? thanks Mike

Cash11
06-23-2008, 01:50 PM
The lake is great for a float tube...i didnt do it this time but have done it in the past. I was there in the late afternoon and the bugs werent toobad...used lots of bug spray and rubbed bounce sheets on my arems...those softerner sheets from the dryer somehow keep mosquitos off you.

cgagex3
06-23-2008, 04:11 PM
HighStream,
Woods is prime for tube or toon. Go down to the far end past the large rock outcropping on your left and up towards the inlet.
It is pretty deep down there bowls out, if I remember right from a few years ago when I took my depthfinder it was near 40 ft down there.
It gets you away from the crowds. Just you and the waterfall.
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/6918/pic207ki3.jpg
Even if you don't catch many it sure is a great way to spend the day.
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8813/pic205dk6.jpg
;D

CG

Captain Compassion
06-23-2008, 04:25 PM
I was out at Silver Lake for the weekend and the bugs were so bad that by buddies boxer went into shock. We had to get her some benadryl before her eyes closed form the swelling.

I was out there last Thursday. Drove down past Kit Carson to the end of the road. The skeeters were so bad that the Mrs. wouldn't even leave the car. Me. I smoke so they leave me alone for the most part. Hate to breathe them though. :(

CC