PDA

View Full Version : bear river res. 6-13--6-15

tatoofisher
06-17-2008, 05:04 PM
fished bear this weekend. super slow! only one small rainbow on fri. toplining a crystal basin spinner w/ micro flashers. zilch on sat. hooked a 4+ #er on sun. but got off at the boat.then landed one other 12 incher and that was all. got them on an f7 rainbow rapala, 5-6 ft. on the riggers.everone i talked to had about the same luck,some a little better some a little worse. basically the fishing sucked but had a fun camping trip with my buddy absolut!

hammerdog
06-17-2008, 09:14 PM
I made (4) trips to Bear River this year, only caught (2) fish in (4) trips. I fish that lake like any other mountain lake with no success. I have about given up fishing Bear until October and November.....

Phishinfool2
06-18-2008, 03:19 AM
I made (4) trips to Bear River this year, only caught (2) fish in (4) trips. I fish that lake like any other mountain lake with no success. I have about given up fishing Bear until October and November.....

Wise decision, I too have one heck of a time and normally come away so disgusted I just wanna drown somethin', but I will say Cgage seems to do well there.

Jimbo

cgagex3
06-18-2008, 04:42 AM
Well thanks for the compliment Jimbo but I would have to say that in my few trips this year I haven't done as well as last year.
I figure if I hang around in front of the dam and only catch 2,3, or 4 fish all day when last year that could be done in an hour, then something is off.
Granted it is early and things are better around October normally, but still for June this year is dead. :'(
I will still try it about once a month till it hits again.

CG

yayafisherwoman
06-18-2008, 07:29 AM
The DFG planted Bear for the derby last week, I wonder if any of those planters will help the fishing pick up *:-/ *Bing15 and a friend are going tonight after work, maybe since I'm not with him he'll get the big one *>:( *;).