PDA

View Full Version : Washington State Fishing trip

EGWaterGuy
06-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Well I had big plans this last weekend to hit Fallen leaf for macks and cutts on saturday, then go to silver or caples on sunday. Got a phone call last thursday evening from my mom (she lives in Yakima, Washington) and my best friend's dad died after a 4 year battle with cancer. So I made the 12 hour overnite drive to central washington. When I woke up the next day I bought my out of state fishing lic. which is still cheaper than a instate california lic. well any I went over to my friends house told him to get his a$$ up and we are going fishing. I probably surprised the hell out of him, because I hadn't talked to him since last august. Well anyway I stopped by my old neighbors house and borrowed the car-top boat and off we went. We went to one of my old honey holes located in the Rattlesnake drainage up chinook pass and we caught around 20 West-Slope Cutts and some gigantic Brooks with the biggest being a fat 21 inches. This little lake is maybe only 2 acres in size and fishing from shore is nearly impossible because of the brush, but it is a place that holds some exceptional fish. I spent the rest of the weekend fishing the other local spots but nothing bigger than 12 inches at the other locations. It was a great trip but on bad circumstances.

Travis
on a side not,, just be thankful to have the fishing we have here in california, because in washington the state plants fish at 7-9 inches and calls them catchables. If you use bait and release a fish it counts as part of your daily limit.

anglinfool
06-05-2008, 01:46 PM
See, California ain't so bad and the weather is better. 8-)