PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle-5-30-08

c-swirl-sean
05-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Fished DV this evening with a buddy of mine. Met up with fire trout, he said he had decent day. Fish were really spread out, firetiger and black and white were good for 6 fish, lost a nice 4lbr, 18-35' OTW.

Make sure you have all of your safey equip ready. Fire ex, life jackets, and throwable, sheriff came through a number of times this evening, checkin for lics, and permit.

All in all good evening.

-Sean

padrino
05-31-2008, 07:24 AM
nice job sean!

Kevin 'P'

Woody
05-31-2008, 07:33 AM
Fishin-TIN great fishing with you yesterday. well through the Radio anyway. We stayed until 8pm and the fish that were along the wall moved and I couldn't find them after that. As you said the fish were spread out we had a slow pick all afternoon. boated 9 and lost a few. One we lost after it was already in the net. It just so happened that it would of went well over 10#. I guess I should have a deeper net but oh well.

Sean don't forget to stop at the gas station ;)

I am planning on Sunday morning but not sure.

See you on the water
Woody

firetrout
05-31-2008, 01:58 PM
My son and I had a great day fishing in the Heron Bay section for 24 keeping 10 for a Bar-BQ and smoking today. *Fish were non stop it seemed at 30 feet, but one came while I was setting the downrigger. *I had one line out and down on the wire 5 feet trying to stack the second rod then noticed the first rod bouncing??? I told my son he snapped it off for one at the surface. Wow, it was hot for us. *All fish fought hard and harder near the surface with great color and shape. * Going 1-1/2 *to 2 1/4 lbs.

I have to thank Eric on the Trophy for helping us that day. *All I heard from he and his buddy was "One On, or One hanging" *Then back in forth we had fun on the radio repeating the info. *If other were on the radio they should have come by and joined in the fun.

Sean, I saw that sherriff on the way in and thought he would have check me, but did not.

Woody, I talked with you partner and hoped you checked out the area I was in today. *I not sure how long it was going to last there.

No hogs, but a fun day on the water with my son for his Outdoor Ed class today. ;)

SlyDog
05-31-2008, 03:37 PM
FireTrout-Great report.Sounds like fun for you and the boy.It was slow for me this week,but thats fishing.Watch out for the boat cops.Don't speed!SD

Backcountry
05-31-2008, 04:12 PM
I am lovin’ my new downriggers. Fished this morning from 6:30 to 11:00. Hit Heron Bay and the dam early but nothing happening there. Overcast with a cold wind so my nephew and I headed back into the narrows. About a ¼ mile up from Swallow Bay got our first hook up toplining the extra rode…was a small one so he went right back into the lake. At that point we’re thinking of lifting the riggers but ultimately decided to stay deeper. 10 minutes later we got our first hookup at 24” – nice 2# that put on a show. For the next hour trolling in an out of Swallow Bay and about a ½ mile up the middle of the narrows had both riggers going off consistently at 24” using J7 firetiggers. Switched my rode to a J7 Brooktrout (seems anything with orange was working well) because I wanted to try something different. A little while later my fishing rode bends way over the rigger and the line releases…thought at first it might be some underwater debris because the slow way the rode bent over – grabbed the pole and noticed immediately fish on – 15 minutes had my personal best 10# (even) on the boat.
J7 Firetigger / Brook trout pattern seemed to work best today in and out of the narrows and Swallow Bay.

firetrout
05-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Nice patience Backcountry. The riggers are the best thing. Have you tried stacking them? Nice job catching a hog. I also bought a themometer to gauge the temp to put a stop to guessing the depth to set the riggers. ;)

c-swirl-sean
05-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Way to go Backcountry! they sure have planted some really nice fish at DV this year. Last year my PB was 9lbs, trolling the narrows.

DR's rule! ::)

norcalkat
05-31-2008, 07:32 PM
great report guys, i was out yesterday fishing with fishtin, and got my pole wet in fresh water for the 1st time. good to be back in the game, the grub seem to get all the action yesterday for us.

Backcountry
05-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks FireTrout...glad you and your son had a good day in Heron Bay...Like I said, fished there early this morning but couldn't get any takers. When the wind kicked up just decided to try something different and it paid off.

Haven't tried stacking my riggers yet as I'm just getting used to using them. Will keep that in mind though as I'm having a great time with 'em so far.

-Backcountry

Woody
05-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Backcountry way to put the new equipment to good use. I will be there in the morning. I lost a 10#+ yesterday after we had it in the net.

I just started using the stacker clips on my downriggers it does take some getting used to. There are a few little tricks when you are ready let me know if you need help.

See you on the water
Woody