PDA

View Full Version : Bear River Fishing

dobies
05-29-2008, 02:10 PM
We have never fished Bear River. We have a down rigger. Should we use it? And where? We would come in some time around June 18. Take any advice we can get! Thanks.

The Dobies

stayrighthere
05-29-2008, 02:24 PM
which bear river? and i dont think either of them is deep enough even to use a drift boat on them, let alone downriggers! who named this lake? are there any rivers or streams named after lakes? like a folsom lake river or lake tahoe stream or pardee res creek? its ridiculous! ::)

dobies
05-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean about naming lakes. This is Bear River Reservoir on Hwy 88, above Jackson, CA. It is suppose to be good fishing.
Dobies

King-J
05-29-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm with you, Stayrighthere I Saw this post and the Bear River is right in my backyard, Grass Valley, you would have problems even in a Kayak ;)

yayafisherwoman
05-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Bear Reservoir up hwy 88 is pretty good fishing (browns, rainbows, macks) and has depths over 100' (when full). Downriggers would work well in the summer but be careful of the rocks and stumps, hopefully you have a good fish finder... take a look at some of the posts on this board there are a lot of posts on Bear with good info.
Good luck,

YaYa

P.S. if it's your first time, bring your camera and mosquito spray ;D

conrad89
05-30-2008, 06:39 AM
I went to Beardsley last year but it was in July when the water temp was 72 degrees on the lake. The fishing wasn't so good. I remember looking at the planting calender and in May and June it was stocked a little more than every other week.

I caught two fish by the dam trolling Rapalas.

GoneCountry
05-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Had my depth finder in that lake and the deepest part is the opposite of the resort. Not for very long but has some deep holes went around 100'+. I have never caught a fish there. :'(