PDA

View Full Version : Courtright Lake 5/23 Open Snowing Great Fishing

WishonSticknMove
05-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Went up to Courtright yesterday morning and stayed till the snow was coming down that we couldn't see across the lake. Fishing was very good, caught and released 24 fish in five hours, with one German Brown in the mix, measuring 14 inches. The rest were Rainbows, that all were caught on Rapalas. Gold and black rapalas seemed to be what the fish preferred. No surface action to speak of. Lots of people braving the conditions camping along the shore, but only a few boats venturing out on the lake itself. Probably snowing up there this Saturday morning again. Have a safe Memorial Day Weekend!

Slapabow
05-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks for making me jealous >:(
My personal favorite place.
You gotta change your sig. to( courtright open top water by the dam)
;D ;D ;D.
What is the water level?

WishonSticknMove
05-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Almost totally full. P.G.& E. taking it down a bit during the day and filling it at night from Wishon (the usual) Need to change my subheader to: I've been everywhere. Hit Edison on Tuesday, plus Portal Forebay, fished Wishon when it opened as well. A lot more fishing this year than last year at this time. Never did make it over Kaiser last year, the first year in probably 20. Different story and priority this year ;D