PDA

View Full Version : DelValle Tuesday May 20

SlyDog
05-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Fished from 7am until 2pm.My partner "Misty" and I landed 19.Released most.Heron bay was best although we caught fish in Swallow Bay and the narrows.Rapalas at 30ft on the riggers at 2.5mph was the ticket today.Tried rapalas with 1half to 1 ounce of weight and only caught 2.Marked fish everywhere.Great day!Alittle wind at times but nice for most paqrt.Few boats today and almost no bank fisherman.I will be back Thursday.See you on the water.Go fishing now.It is good.

fishmaster
05-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Looks like you had a good day out there. The half ounce will only get a F5 down 8-10 feet. Not sure on 1 ounce. Sounds like the fish are starting to drop down to their summer depths. Good luck Thursday.

GW208
05-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks for a great day SlyDog, those were the best looking fish I have seen at Del Valle. Full tails and red meated fish. In fact, I have to go now, my wife is just now taking one out of the pan.

Woody
05-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Slydog good job getting on the fish. With this weather cooling like it is we should be in for some good late spring fishing at del valle. Did any of the fish you caught today have any size to them?

I might try and get out there tomorrow

See you on the water
Woody

FISHNJIM
05-20-2008, 08:52 PM
What type and size of Rapala do you guys recomend there??

Jim

SlyDog
05-20-2008, 09:00 PM
FishihJim-Try f-5 in anything with orange on it at2.5 mph.Change em up from time to time.

fishrite
05-20-2008, 09:04 PM
good job sound like you had fun
i'll be there fri night

SlyDog
05-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Fishmaster ,Woody.Mistyand any other interested sniffers-We ttolled all day along near another boat pulling grubs at 15 to 20 ft. on riggers.They caught 11 trout and 5 stripers.One trout went about 6 pounds and another went 10.1 pounds.We caught 19 in the same amount of time going from 2 to 4 pounds.Any thoughts?I like rapalas .Always have.I can fish grubs but I guess you have to go with what works for you.SD

Woody
05-21-2008, 06:25 AM
Slydog I think it is just by chance that you catch a big one or not. Although when trolling grubs you are moving a lot slower and the bigger fish really get lazy as they get bigger. You might want to try trolling J-5 or J-7 and slowing down a bit, it just might get you into some bigger fish. Although in the past couple weeks I have caught a 9.6# a 5.2# and fish master just caught the 10.6# So I believe if you are catching fish you have a good chance at hooking into a big one.

See you on the water
Woody

SlyDog
05-21-2008, 07:01 AM
Woody-Thanks for the advice.I will keep doing what I have been doing.I figure the law of averages will catch up to me someday.Hopefully Thursday.I will be there.Hope to see you sometime.SD

trbass7777
05-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Wow del valle sounds like a hot spot. i have been there a few times but never had a boat. I just got my hands on a 12 foot gregor and wanted to take it out this sunday. My buddy and I were thinkin rapalas but grubs sound nice too. Any idea what size grub and color? How do you troll a grub? Do they allow gas engines on the lake? Thanks for any advice.

SlyDog
05-21-2008, 05:35 PM
trbass777-I have caught fish at DelValle with 2inch flor orange grubs at 1 to 1.5 mph on the surface.You presently need to go at least 15ft but 30 would be better latter in the day.I like rapalas as I always catch fish with them.Motors are allowed.The speed limit is 10mph.Do not speed.If you do,you will get a ticket!SD

FISHNJIM
05-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Didnt realize there was a 10mph speed limit. That must keep most ski and wak people off that lake. How does the boat lauch look? Ive never been there. I may have to try this weekend. Did I read that right up there, is there stripers in there too?

FISHNJIM

Woody
05-22-2008, 06:24 AM
Fishnjim DV is great you never have to worry about the lake lice or skiers it is strictly fishing. Yes there are tons of stripers in Del Valle. Right now most people are catching them on chicken livers or anchovies. But you can also catch them trolling.

See you on the water
Woody