PDA

View Full Version : Los Vaqueros 5/21

theturtleshop
05-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Hit up Los Vaqueros today from 6:30-2 with some friends. The wind was fierce for most of the day but the bite was on from 7-10 and 1-2. We ended up catching 8 rainbows around 1-1.5lbs each. From the five of us we had about 5 that got off :P. The trout were all caught on spinners and kastmasters. I used a blue fox blue/silver combo, kastmaster blue/silver combo, and a trout colored kastmaster. The trout didn't touch regular silver kastmasters, gold kastmasters or the regular silver blue fox. A couple of friends hooked some trout on nightcrawlers and orange power worms but couldn't seal the deal. We fished the docks near the rock wall near the marina. Overall another great day at vaqueros! :) Dean you missed a great day!

bobcatken
05-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the Sniffer turtleshop! Thanks for the report. Glad to hear they are still biting out there. Apparently 3700 lbs. were stocked last week. I fish Los Vaq occasionally, but I've never had much luck with lures. Any tips or tricks you can share that worked with the kastmasters?