PDA

View Full Version : White pines

Doja_Dank
05-17-2008, 10:45 PM
As always shore fishing is great here. Been floating worms (when I can't match the hatch) and trolling (on the Canoe, John boat, Float Tube, cause as you know NO GAS POWERED MOTORS) salmon eggs. Can't get the line in water fast enough.
It has been hot the last few days so the bite has been slow in the mid day, but the biggest are hitting then. (at least for me) Going from the inlet to the dam with 1 1/32 shot, a size 12 offset hook, and 2-3 eggs, taking about 30-45 min to get from on the the other, (Watch for the kids on the rope swing)
Been pulling in anywhere from 1-4, 2-4 lb fish in the hot hot hot part of the day. Maby it is all the rummbling from the bikes, but for some reason Frog Jump weekend at this lake is always the best for me.
I HAD plenty of pics, but I dropped my camera in the water while on my tube today. I want to take my phone until I get a new cam but it is my only phone. So I will try and find some way to take some pics for ever one.
If you see me in one of my rigs say hi, I try to be there at least 4 days a week durring the summer. Gold nissan sentra with either a camo alluminum canoe, a blue fiberglass Vhull, or tan and orange tube, tied to the top, and probably a LOUD stereo. I might just give you some of the local secrets. But no promises.

steveo79
05-18-2008, 06:53 AM
I was out there Wedneday evening, and there were trout rising everywhere. I was just unwinding after work, but it made me wish I was fishing.

Doja_Dank
05-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Well I tried my luck out on the lake again today, but only brought out my Fly rod. And let me just say that I am now the BLUEGILL MASTER. Stopped in at EPSG, had a nice little chat about the hatches going on, and picked up a few flies. Got out there, and the trout were jumping all over the place. The only problem, was that the trout didn't much like what I was throwing for them. I hooked into about 20 bluegill though. At first I thought I wasn't out deep enough, so I went to the middle. Nope, bluegill still out there. I didn't catch the name of the nymphs that I got, but I was also throwing a flying ant, that the gills seemed to love. Now just have to find out what the trout like. Bluegill are fun and all, But a little dissapointing when you are trying to catch trout. All in all it was a good day. Maby I will get up early and try some morrning fishing, instead of the dusk fishing I have been doing.

steveo79
05-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Were they the usual 4" ones....that lake needs them thinned out bad. Have you tried a wedding ring/crawler combo up the middle there?

Doja_Dank
05-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Sure were, mostly 3-4" a couple a little bigger, and a couple a little smaller. They do need to be thinned out, but It makes the trout fishing that much more difficult. Still fun catching them though. Not too sure I know what you mean by "wedding ring/ Crawler".

fishwish
05-20-2008, 05:07 PM
DD, I dropped my camera in the river and it sank two feet to the bottom before I fished it out. I thought it was a gonner, but I opened it up as best I could with micro screwdriver to dry out. Next day, it worked. It's worth a shot.
Also, the memory disc probably has good data. My fishing camera and my good "non fishing" camera take the same disc, so if there were pics of a lunker, you could get them.
That is if the camera is not at the bottom of the lake.
BTW, Thanks for the interesting, unusual report.

Doja_Dank
05-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Ya the camera made it all the way to the bottom. I went out there with my snorkle gear, but to no avail. Thankfully There was no memory card in it at the time. Only the onboard memory. It was time to get a new camera anyways. Now I just have to find the money. lol So probably no new one untill winter time. Have a good one.

steveo79
05-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Not too sure I know what you mean by "wedding ring/ Crawler".

yeah, that was bit vague. when I troll for trout, I like to thread a night crawler onto a spinner. Macks makes the true "Wedding ring", mine are just copies tied up by me. Purple/red tiger blade, red beads, and a red Gammy hook. Like a giant Mepps.

Doja_Dank
05-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Ah, I see (said the blind man, who picked up a hammer and saw.) ;D
Thanks for the heads up, I will have to try, I think I have somthing like that in my box already.