PDA

View Full Version : Comanche 5/17, a couple of slugs & a koke

fishnmike2002
05-19-2008, 07:22 AM
Arrived at the gate 15 minutes before they were to open so we prepped the boat while waiting. *Gate gal arrives, we pay, she inspects and off we go. *We started off in front of Little Hat and I put down a silver Apex and a firetiger Apex and dad put down a orange grub and firetiger Uncle Larry’s. *Had the first one in the boat within a few minutes on the firetiger Apex. Then a few minutes later got one on the silver Apex. *Both were around 15 inches. *The bite continued like that until about 8:30 or 9. *About 8 dad boats a 4-11 on a orange grub and a few minutes later my silver Apex takes a dive. *I tell dad we got a good one. *Well I was right, just not a trout. *After about a half dozen wild jumps I boated an 18” koke. Sorry for the lousy photo.
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/2916/comanchekokecrpzz4.jpg

The bite slowed from about 9 until 11 when the breeze came up. *The Apex bite and orange grub slowed down so I changed over to some white grubs and the bite was on. *About 11:30 one of my rods buries and is stripping line. *I grab the rod and tell dad we have a big one. *After a nice fight I boat a 7-11. *
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/7959/comanche711crpsj4.jpg

While taking photos my other rod takes a dive and I could tell we have another good one. *I fight this fish and land him after another good fight and it weighs 7-1. *The bite stayed pretty consistent on white grubs until about 3pm when it slowed down and we called it a day at 4.

Early we caught the fish up to 25 feet but most of the day 35 was the most consistent. *We caught fish as deep as 45. *Best speed for us was 1.7 to 1.9 with both the Apex and grubs. *Lots of fish and lots of bites. *Most of the fish were in the 15 inch range. *Caught several hold overs in the 18 to 19 inch range. Fish were concentrated around Little Hat and along the channel edge back to the south end of the dam. *Nothing for us along the dam or the north side. *Very few fish out in the open water.

FishnMike

GW_Extreme
05-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Wow, a Koke at Camanche! Never thought I would see that. Must have come from Pardee?

fishnmike2002
05-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Its the first one I have caught out of there but I know of a few other guys that have caught them. I would guess they would find their way down from Pardee and grow big due to lack of competion.

FishnMike

stripalmon
05-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Nice job and report.That is a good size trout I bet he did put up a good fight.

crank_bait
05-19-2008, 10:43 AM
......i think mikes pictures have been "photo-shopped".......yeah, thats what it is.......!! ;D

kokemachine83
05-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Congrats Mike, I couldn't catch them cause you got yours on Sat. But next time, its on. Yes, really tough up there at Pardee. Had about 15 hits, landing 10. Sure has been quiet at Melones. Now that they have pounded that lake. Everyone should stop fishing there and let me find them. First you have to beat me with two bigger ones. You topped it off by catching my Kokanee. Congrats. See you on the water soon!!!

Robbie (Koke Machine)...