PDA

View Full Version : RED LAKE AND ICR 5/10-5/11-5/12

untalan1
05-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Drove up from the bay area with the wife and dog and arrived at Red lake around noon time weather was really nice with a number of bank fishermen catching mostly brooks.Fished the dam area for about an hour the time the mrs. gave me since it's a long drive from my place in Pacifica to our place in Gardnerville.Within that time frame I was able to catch and release a number of brookies throwing my lures.Kept a limit *for my father-in-law who loves fish and very rare to get fresh caught trout from the high country.The lake is completly thawed out with snow on the banks that are shaded by the trees.Fish the lake this morning on my way out of town *for a number of catch and released fish.Did keep a few to take home for dinner tonight .Ran into a gal I met last year *on my late season *Red runs her name is Mary and she was fishing with her brother seems to be a regular *at the 88 corrider lakes.On my way back to my place I stopped in at ICR *boy is that lake low,didn't fish it because the winds were blowng at about 20 mph there were a few brave souls fishing but I talked to a guy that had just pulled his boat out of the water and said the winds hampered his day and had nothing to show for.

Captain Compassion
05-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Glad you got into them at Red. Saturday was beautiful there. Missed you by 3 hours. I fished from 6:00 until a little after nine. ICR does look sad but don't let it fool you there are fish to be had there. If the wind allows. ;) Thanks for the report.

CC

mrsockeye
05-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the report. How big are those brookies running up there? It's on my Jon Boat exploration hit list. :)

Captain Compassion
05-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the report. *How big are those brookies running up there? *It's on my Jon Boat exploration hit list. :)

Brooks 10 to 14 inches. Cutts up to around 20 inches. On Saturday I had a Brook of around 3 pounds follow in my Kastmaster. He laughed at me. If you come up let me know.

CC

atavuss
05-12-2008, 08:36 PM
I caught 4 sunday morning, they were 10" to 12". *they all had bright orange meat and tasted great BBQ'ed!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/400648/P5110212(Custom).JPG

troutslayer9
05-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi,nice to see you again! we CR brookies all afternoon at Red that day!!! Fished silver yesterday,stuck a 22 and 18in. brown !!!! the rainbow bite was red hot. Home now,headen back up next week! see ya on the mountain soon. Mary

untalan1
05-14-2008, 06:39 PM
Hello Mary it was nice to see you again.Glad to hear you had a good bite at Red and and got some nice fish at Silver.I'll be up that way again on sat. and hope to see you again.Hope to fish all those chain of lakes on the 88 corridor,I have a week off starting sat. on the labor day weekend.See ya soon on the mountain.Efren

troutslayer9
05-16-2008, 07:17 AM
back on the road! gotta get back 2 brown town fishen silver sat. morning see ya up there good luck! fish on Mary

cgagex3
05-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Welcome to the board Troutslayer (Mary), you both got there just after the Capt and I left. He took off at 9:30 and me at 11:30 that day.
I am pretty sure that I met you up there last year. I am out often in my yellow pontoon. And of course I will be out there at Red, Caples, Bear as often as I can this year.

CG