PDA

View Full Version : Lake DelValle May 14,2008

SlyDog
05-14-2008, 03:55 PM
On the water at 07:00am.Fished Heron bay mostly.Caught 6 on Rapalas at 2.5mph.Three were about 2 to 3 pounds.Three were the smallest I have ever caught there.Got hot so I gave up at 2:00pm.I will be back next Wednesday.Maybe it will cool down some.I think there are still some good fish to be caught.

fishmaster
05-14-2008, 05:25 PM
There are definately some dinky guys hitting right now. It will be interesting to see what this hot weather does to the bite.

SlyDog
05-14-2008, 05:54 PM
fishmaster-Yes they are very small.I am hoping that when things cool down next week the bite will pick up.There are still a lot of big fish in that lake.I think it will be a early morning bite then riggers after that.Some good fish showing at 10 to 30 feet later in the day.I think they are trout.We will find out.hope to meet up with you some time.You have that lake figured out .SD

Woody
05-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Slydog way to stay on the fish you are correct the fishing should stay great for the next few weeks. *Last year during May and early June I had fifteen fish over 5 pounds and many of them pushing 10 trolling heron bay. *As the water warms up I use a 1/2 to 1 oz weight in front of my lure to get it down a little deeper then at some point you need to switch over and use the DR's *

See you on the water
Woody

judge whoppner
05-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Woody-

How far up the line do you place those sinkers? Are they sliding or the type with the rubber center? Any idea about how deep this amount of weight gets you at a 100' setback, or is unnecessary to setback that far with weights?

Thanks in advance-

Judge

Woody
05-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Judgewhoppner I run the weight about 4 to 5 ft up the line from the lure and yes they are the weights with the rubber piece in the center that you twist around the line. A 1oz weight should put you down an additional 10 ft depending on your speed and the lure you are running. I almost always run my 2 outside rods at 120ft and the two center rods at 80ft set backs this seems to minimize tangles.

See you on the water
Woody

judge whoppner
05-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks-

I will be out Saturday morning in a rental bucket.

Judge.