PDA

View Full Version : Coyote Creek below Anderson

Keating
05-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Hi All,
I am a new poster here, long time fisherman though.
I appreciate all the shared knowledge here.

One question, does anyone know if the area of Coyote Creek below Anderson Reservoir in the city of Morgan Hill is still stocked by DFG?

It has been many years but I used to catch quite a few there

Thanks

nunee
05-12-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't know that DFG stocks any streams. *There may be some in there that have gotten past the dam though? *

EDIT: BUt I don't think they stock Anderson with trout. Only Coyote.... :-/

aznboi320
05-12-2008, 08:49 PM
They do not stock coyote creek anymore but they should be opened for fishing. I think its barbless hooks only in the creek. 4 years ago my friend and i went fishing and he hooked up with a nice native trout in the creek.

Keating
05-13-2008, 10:41 PM
I don't know that DFG stocks any streams. *There may be some in there that have gotten past the dam though? *

EDIT: BUt I don't think they stock Anderson with trout. *Only Coyote.... :-/

DFG used to stock niles canyon in sunol and coyote creek at the bridge to the bathrooms below the dam. Was hoping that they still did,, doesn't sound like it

Thanks all

anglinfool
05-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey guys, the best way to find out is to go to the DFG website and check out the planting schedule for the region that coyote creek is in.

DFG.ca.gov

northriver_tom
05-14-2008, 12:26 PM
dont waste your time.........

Sin_Coast
05-14-2008, 02:12 PM
The DFG discontinued trout plants in Coyote Creek (below Anderson dam) a few years ago. There was one paritcular spot about 400yds below the dam outlet that ALWAYS held trout. I've been there since they stopped planting and caught natives right in the outlet/chute. Now the entire creek is a barbless C+R fishery.
Although, you'd have a much better chance of catching trout on the stretch between Coyote and Anderson if you really need to do some creek fishin. However, the chance to catch a true steelhead is still possible on the lower creek below Anderson.